• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing 2 bunnies..how?

I have one house rabbit and did have two outdoor bunnies but one recently died unfortunatley. Anyway I have moved him indoors now as didn't want him to be on his own! I was wondering if and how I can go about introducing him to my other bunny as I would love them to live together. They have hopped around and sniffed each other through the bars, but am concerned about introducing them as when I tried this years ago they fought and it ended up with a trip to the vets. Any tips? one is a boy (neutered) and one a girl.

Is the girl spayed? If not I would get this done before attempting to bond them.

Once she is neutered you need a small, neutral area. Put them together and then just supervise for 48 hours, only separate if they lock on fighting.

If you do a search for bonding on here there will be loads of threads.

No she isn't spayed. I shall get onto my vet to see if they can get her done. She can be especially grumpy at certain times (!) so that makes sense. Thanks.

No she isn't spayed. I shall get onto my vet to see if they can get her done. She can be especially grumpy at certain times (!) so that makes sense. Thanks.

Hormonal females are a nightmare! If you try and bond before you spay her then she may cause the fighting.

Back