• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nesting Signs

Flora

Young Bun
Hi all :),
Just wondered if anybody knew what the signs of nesting are, as i went into Flora's room this morning and it looked like a bomb had hit it, as she had shredded as much newspaper as possible every where. Also was wondering how long it normally goes on for ( if she is), and in her carrier are little bits of newspaper and hay. Do you think this could be the start of a nest. Also if she is nesting, how long after do they normally give birth. Thanks for your help.:)

some rabbits do 'trash' their beds, they shred the paper bunch the hay up into a pile,doe's will make nest's when they are pregnant and they will pull out bits of their fur to line the nest when they are due to give birth.
Is your bunny not spayed?

some rabbits do 'trash' their beds, they shred the paper bunch the hay up into a pile,doe's will make nest's when they are pregnant and they will pull out bits of their fur to line the nest when they are due to give birth.
Is your bunny not spayed?

Thanks,
No she is not spayed as i rescued her the end of july, from being locked in a shed with a male rabbit. She already had 3 babies with her but unfortunately they didn't make it We highly suspect she is pregnant again, as when i went to get her he was humping her. I know some rabbits trash their beds, but this is the first time she has done it with me and just wondered if it was a sign of nesting. She will be getting spayed.

Put plenty of hay in the room and if she picks it up by the mouthfull she will be near her time for giving birth.

Back