• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I HATE foxes

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Three foxes went into my sisters garden this morning, she had put the two buns out at in their run at 6am, she was in the house with her dog neither heard a thing until the next door neighbour came round and said she'd seen a fox carrying one of her buns out of the garden. :cry:

They got into the run and took both her buns and had ripped one of them apart basically in the garden as well as pooing everywhere at the same time. I went straight round, it was horrible, she's in a real state, we found what all parts of dotty but titch (originally my nethie) is missing, there was a small amount of his fur and shes clinging to the thought he may have got away but theres no way he could have, the patch of fur makes it clear they had him too. :cry:

Only a few weeks ago there was a big dog fox stalking our friends cairn terrier, her husband had to run out with a gun to scare it off. Its got into her chickens run in the middle of the day and killed them too, she managed to save one which the fox tried to grab out of her arms!!!!!

Very sad:cry:
people need to stop feeding them as it makes them more confident around humans..they are a pest not a pet.

So sorry for your sister, give her a hug from me xx

I am so so sorry to read this. Makes me realise how lucky I am that we don't have a fox problem...at least I have never seen one.

My heart goes out to you xx

I am so so sorry to read this. Makes me realise how lucky I am that we don't have a fox problem...at least I have never seen one.

My heart goes out to you xx

Sadly the first time you may see a Fox is when it has your Rabbit :cry:
Please never assume that there are no Foxes about just because 'you have never seen one'.

God that is really awful:shock: I didn't think foxes were that evil but that just proves it!!
Hope your sister will be ok, big hugs to you both xx

Only a few weeks ago there was a big dog fox stalking our friends cairn terrier, her husband had to run out with a gun to scare it off. Its got into her chickens run in the middle of the day and killed them too, she managed to save one which the fox tried to grab out of her arms!!!!!

Seriously? Tried to take on a Cairn!! That is brave!

We have had one in our garden and Cassie (one of our cairns), grabbed hold of it and almost killed it. It was about 3 times her size!!

That must be one determined fox!!

I am very sorry for your sisters loss :( Must have been devastating

How awful and what a terrible loss your sister must be feeling. I can't imagine how ghastly such a situation must be. We're all thinking about her.

I'm not sure foxes are 'evil' but if they spot an easy meal, they're going to take it. Unfortunately, that's nature at its worst. I'm quite sure I'd hate a fox if it took my bunnies - I'd be grief-stricken and bogged down by guilt but I don't think I could, hand-on-heart, say it was because the fox was evil. We can do as much as we can to protect our precious bunnies but if a fox is determined to grab an easy meal, there's not much we can do apart from lock the buns up 24/7.

RIP little bunsters.

How sad. :( How did the foxes get into the run so quickly?

We recently saw a family of foxes march through our neighbour's garden, the young ones are getting bigger now. They are everywhere, even in the cities, so no bunny is safe. :( I still think they look quite beautiful, especially the young ones. Even after catching one with the head of a pet bunny from someone in the neighbourhood, which it kindly dropped in my garden. :(

How awful and what a terrible loss your sister must be feeling. I can't imagine how ghastly such a situation must be. We're all thinking about her.

I'm not sure foxes are 'evil' but if they spot an easy meal, they're going to take it. Unfortunately, that's nature at its worst. I'm quite sure I'd hate a fox if it took my bunnies - I'd be grief-stricken and bogged down by guilt but I don't think I could, hand-on-heart, say it was because the fox was evil. We can do as much as we can to protect our precious bunnies but if a fox is determined to grab an easy meal, there's not much we can do apart from lock the buns up 24/7.

RIP little bunsters.

Ive seen the devastation they have caused time and time again, they are ruthless killers , they dont just kill for food and on this thread they are evil i dont care what anyone says.

How sad. :( How did the foxes get into the run so quickly?

We recently saw a family of foxes march through our neighbour's garden, the young ones are getting bigger now. They are everywhere, even in the cities, so no bunny is safe. :( I still think they look quite beautiful, especially the young ones. Even after catching one with the head of a pet bunny from someone in the neighbourhood, which it kindly dropped in my garden. :(

They climbed over a 6ft fence and got into the run, nothing stops them. Rosie was in the house having breakfast. She heard nothing, she put them out at 6am and they were dead by 7am. Im not going to put my buns out so early anymore... they have no fear now, there are so many horror stories about what foxes do to chickens/rabbits/cats they dont even kill cleanly, they leave them half alive. This is the final straw for me after seeing dotty's ripped up body scattered everywhere, cant stand them.

This is of course my opinion of them, if people dont like it then dont post and tell me how horrible i am for hating them, this is my venting thread after a horrible horrible day.

They climbed over a 6ft fence and got into the run, nothing stops them. Rosie was in the house having breakfast. She heard nothing, she put them out at 6am and they were dead by 7am. Im not going to put my buns out so early anymore... they have no fear now, there are so many horror stories about what foxes do to chickens/rabbits/cats they dont even kill cleanly, they leave them half alive. This is the final straw for me after seeing dotty's ripped up body scattered everywhere, cant stand them.

This is of course my opinion of them, if people dont like it then dont post and tell me how horrible i am for hating them, this is my venting thread after a horrible horrible day.

I agree with you 100%
After picking up the entrails and head of Ronan off my kitchen floor I now despise Foxes.

I can fully understand that you don't like them. I'd prefer if they lived in the countryside, and people didn't feed them. They are about during the day here, too, not just during the night. They would take a while to get into the run, though, even the one that is on grass. The foster bunnies can only be in the big run when I am in the garden, as it does not have a lid.

All we can do is to repeat the warnings and tell stories like your sister's, because too many people still don't know enough about what foxes can do.

I don't hate them but hate having one that patrols our street and gardens, it makes me really nervous. I can never leave the rabbits out in the run unsupervised which means they hardly ever go outside, not that I would leave them out anyway even if I hadn't seen a fox in the area. They are a real nuisance in cities.

Oh I'm so so sorry to read what has happened it's so awful and my heart goes out to you and your Sister. :cry:

Foxes will take anything if they can, height is no problem and even electric fencing won't keep them out as they burrow under it to the other side.
You must never ever think your bunnies are safe even in a run as if a fox want's them...he will have them.

Aw I am so sorry this has happened to your sister :cry: I know exactly how she feels, years ago 2 of my dogs got out and managed to kill my two buns too, I was heart broken :cry: I am extra careful now. :cry:

I have several that "hang" around the garden. they have no fear.

I ran toward one shoooooing it away and it stood there and looked at me as if i was mad!

My elderly neighbours have fed them and tamed them.

I cannot have them in the garden apart from my bunnies.................my dog will kill them.

My dog guards the bunnies, i hate it when the foxes wont run away so i have to throw things near them before the dog gets out there.

I dont hate foxes i just wish that they didnt try to eat my bunnies.

Hugs for your sister

Wow, I am really sorry, that is terrible... you would think the foxes would be in bed at 6am when all the peoples start getting up and wondering around?

I live right in the town and I see them.

I always used to worry about my outside buns at home as they are more rural but my buns start making a racket whenever anything comes into the garden.... I still had the sliding bolts put on their hutches though....

I am so thankful my Rimmi lives inside with me, a fox would have to be extreemly clever to get into my place... we're 2 floors above a shop, lol.

Lots of healing vibes for you and your sis... I cant imagine anything worse than losing a bun like that. :(

I think having the hope one might be ok is just as bad... I had a g' pig go the same way... never came back... probably a fox.

Back