• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinegar/bleach for neutalising

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Fingers crossed I may be rehoming Pooh Bear from Starlights soon if all the checks go according to plan.

Can anyone tell me the ratio of white vinegar to water or bleach to water for disinfecting the current buns (no pun intended) housing and run areas? I'd prefer to go with vinegar as it's a more 'natural' substance than bleach but happy to take advice.

I used a white vinegar and water mix. I used 50% vinegar and 50% water. I put it in a spray bottle and sprayed it liberally over the hutch/run/toys etc and then left them all to dry in the sun. No idea if that was the right thing to do but it worked.

Personally I wouldn't use bleach. I use vinegar for my daily and weekly cleaning and a pet-friendly disinfectant (Beaphar or some such - Hay Experts and P@H do different makes) for a monthly deep clean.

If I were going to clean everything for new buns I might consider using a disinfectant used to clean babies bottles but still wouldn't use bleach - evil stuff.

Emma

Edited to add - rinse the vinegar off, the buns hate the smell poor wee tikes :love:

Thanks folks. I'd prefer to use vinegar. Perhaps if Flora and Parsnip are so put out coz their gaff smells like a chip shop, they'll be less likely to notice Pooh Bear has moved in:lol:

Back