• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with names please!! U/D

Doddy

Alpha Buck
I picked up 2 9 week old babies this morning. THey are both black.

I wanted to call them Wispa and Twix, but my hubby doens't like that! He then wanted to call them Jupiter and Saturn! I am not keen!
Now he wants to call the male Merlin, again, I am not keen!

As far as I know, i have one boy one girl, I am taking them to the vets this afternoon for their myxi vacs and general check over, so will find out for sure if they are boy/girl.

Have you got any suggestions for names to help me out!!

When I have got back from the vets, I will post some pics!

Last edited:
Poker and BlackJack

Jet and Black

Coal and Soot

Erm..... im not good with names for black bunnies.

For the female:

Asha?
Dahlia?
Ebony?

For the male:

Java?
Licorice?
Salem? (I've always wanted a black cat called Salem :lol: )

I know!

Molly and Sable :)

Mind you, I just got a 13 week old baby this morning and my little boy has named him blanket, he is a Smoke Netherland Dwarf - little beauty!

Ebony and Noir

Canasta and Blackjack

Velvet and Tweed

Betty and Boris!

and Do keep them seperate is you have one of each..they can be sexually active at 10-11 weeks

For the female:

Asha?
Dahlia?
Ebony?

For the male:

Java?
Licorice?
Salem? (I've always wanted a black cat called Salem :lol: )

My local cat rescue had a black cat called Salem, gorgeous boy:love:. He has a home now, which im pleased about, but was secretly hoping that he could join my clan:D

Anyhow, names, ahem!

pepsi and Cola
Sooty and sweep
domino
orion

mind block sorry:(

Thankyou all for your ideas....however, my 6 year old has had the final say!!!

Also, when we got them sexed at the vet...I don't have a boy and a girl...i have 2 boys!! So this makes my life a lot easier!!!

I will add photos later if I can get some....

Thankyou all for your ideas....however, my 6 year old has had the final say!!!

Also, when we got them sexed at the vet...I don't have a boy and a girl...i have 2 boys!! So this makes my life a lot easier!!!

I will add photos later if I can get some....

Are you planning on keeping them together? Is so neutering is absolutely essential as 2 bucks can and will fight to the death and there is no guarantee they will bond without fighting. Please make sure you can accommodate them both separately if you have to. Lots of people do have 2 bucks living together but generally it's not advisable.

I am getting them both neutered at the same time.
I was reading some threads on here last night, and I got the impression 2 boys could live together (they are brothers, if that makes any difference).
My vet never mentioned anything today about keeping them together.
If needs be, then I will of course seperate them...but I hope they can stay together xx

I am getting them both neutered at the same time.
I was reading some threads on here last night, and I got the impression 2 boys could live together (they are brothers, if that makes any difference).
My vet never mentioned anything today about keeping them together.
If needs be, then I will of course seperate them...but I hope they can stay together xx

Lots of people have successful pairs with brothers, it's just that their relationships can be a little less predictable than other pairs. If they are litter mates I should think it will help but 2 boys together is not really ideal - having said that, if you can accommodate them separately then it shouldn;t be a problem :)

Can't wait for piccies!

Back