• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hate asking but.......been to vets......Update 13/08

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
.....Are there any spare vibes going?

My poor boy Gizmo is ill, He has just not been 'himself' since Sat night, he was given metacam that night and he did perk up a bit. He is still eating and drinking and pooping but yesterday i noticed a pee on the slabs in the garden, dont know if its from him or skye but it was a dark brown/red :( The only appointment i could get was for 4 today.

My vet is Amazing and i trust him 100% so i know he will find whats wrong and try fix things. He does want to take a blood sample and a urine sample from him so hopefully thats what he will do and we can find out whats wrong :cry:

I cant loose another bunny, i just cant, i still get upset about Blackie and i cant go through that again this year :cry::cry::cry:

Any vibes would be greatly appreciated:)

Last edited:
Well ive been to the vet and he checked Gizmos pee sample and there is a little blood in it. He wants to get some X-rays and to thoroughly check his teeth under GA so thats being done Thursday as that the only day he is in (hes a very busy man working at the zoo and making a tv programme:))

He has given me some septrin to give and see if that helps incase its just an infection so if he is feeling better by Thursday morning to cancel the appointment and carry on with the Septrin for 10days and go back for a check up, of course if he doesnt get better he is going under GA.

He said what he will be looking for is kidney or bladder stones and then make sure there isnt any abnormalities. And he wants a X-ray of his skull as he has the roots of his teeth pushing through his jaw :(

He is of course on metacam:) So fingers crossed it is just an infection and he gets better in the Septrin and becomes my little Gizzy again :)

Come on giz-pop make mummy happy and get better little man xxxxxxx

Update

Well he was ment to go in this morning if he wasnt better but the septrin has worked and he is looking much better and acting normal :D:D:D:D

Another 8 days of septrin and lets hope everything is ok and nothing happens for the next few days otherwise its back to the vet!

Well done Gizzy i knew you could get better, mummies little boy i love you pops xxxxxx

Thanks everyone for the vibes, i do believe that they work :love::love:

Back