• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are the best rabbit books to buy?

I can't believe Carolina James' books 'The Really Useful Bunny Guide' and 'The Complete House Rabbit' are not there. They are like the bunny keepers' bible!

I have the Rabitlopedia and have found it a good all rounder compared to some of the others.

The rabbitlopedia is fab for the anatomy of the bun but is a bit out of date on the care now :D If anyone could recommend a good care book I would be forever grateful?

(p.s. looking into the Carolina James books atm, ty! ):lol:

edit: Just brought The Really Useful Bunny Guide :D

Last edited:
My Two favourites are:-

Rabbit Lopedia (soz if spelt wrong :oops: )

Living with a house rabbit (this book is written by a RWAF founding member)

I have just read 'The Rabbit Whisperer' by Ingrid Tarrent and was very disapointed, I found some information quite worrying and there was 'celebraty sections' and some of them bred there rabbits 'becuase they liked cute baby rabbits' :censored: has anyone else read this book?

I can't believe Carolina James' books 'The Really Useful Bunny Guide' and 'The Complete House Rabbit' are not there. They are like the bunny keepers' bible!

I agree they are fantastic books I have them both and wouldn't be without them, and so is 'Living with a Houserabbit' written by Linda Dykes & Helen Flack.

My Two favourites are:-

Rabbit Lopedia (soz if spelt wrong :oops: )

Living with a house rabbit (this book is written by a RWAF founding member)

I have just read 'The Rabbit Whisperer' by Ingrid Tarrent and was very disapointed, I found some information quite worrying and there was 'celebraty sections' and some of them bred there rabbits 'becuase they liked cute baby rabbits' :censored: has anyone else read this book?

Yes I agree with you, I have this book and I was rather shocked at some of the stuff I read in the 'celebrity section'. I don't think some of them should have gone in the book.

Yes I agree with you, I have this book and I was rather shocked at some of the stuff I read in the 'celebrity section'. I don't think some of them should have gone in the book.

Nor me hun, and even some advice in there was wrong, or very vague.
I was shocked that its on the RWAF website, though i must admit i got my copy from WHSmith online, they are very cheap, I got 'living with a house rabbit' on there for about £8 which is almost half the price of RWAF.

I like 'Problem with Rabbits: A Sanctuary's Modern Approach - All the Help and Advice Today's Caring Owner Needs ' by Pat Rees. Some of it is a little outdated now but it has some excellent advice in it.

Also, it's good to lend out to people that want rabbits but you know that they are unsuited to them, it puts them right off ever getting them!

Back