• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have myxi in the area!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Sadly, the wild rabbits on our croft have myxi. I found a very poorly one on Sunday, thankfully the vet was dropping his dog off for me to pet sit, so he did the needful.

I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I was really upset, this morning, to see our first black,wild bunny in years has it. He was still well enough to run away, but his eyes were all runny and his ears were affected.:(

Thankfully mine get vaccinated every 6 months, but still I'm worried about putting them outside now, but I can't keep them in hutches for weeks.

Its an awful thing to say, but I hope it wipes out the suseptible wildies quickly and then dies out.:(

:cry:

The 'urban wildie' colony not too far from me had a bad outbreak last Autumn.
Amazingly some survived although they now have serious facial deformaties from the nodules.
But there were lots of Spring Kits so I guess the cycle of life goes on......................:?

Poor little bunnys :(
I was quite pleased when I seen a wildie looking very healthy and binkying about the grass and bush's! Mega cute :D

Back