• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mixing breeds

shannon321

Alpha Buck
i know theres been a thread or two on 'little and larges' etc but i can't seem to find it!

I was wondering if its is better to match bunnies with a friend of there own size or wether bonding with a smaller or larger bun can be fine?

I have a French Lop with a little wild bun (my wildi bun was previously bonded with a continental) and a French Lop with a mini Lop, :D

I think its fine, you just have to be more careful at bonding as I imagine a large bun could hurt a bun half its size quite a bit.

thats what i was worrying about.
I'm still trying to pick a bun to bond with my girl and im looking at websites daily at the rabbits but how do you pick the one that deserves a home the most?
I've fallen for a little nethie but he's young and will probably easily find a home so would feel bad for getting him when i could be taking on an older/less attractive bun bun??! that had been in rescue for quite a while?

I have a frenchie cross and a nethie cross together, but my nethie is a bit poorly at the min coz we think my frenchie has been eating all the food and not letting her have her share :?

Back