• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could we use your pics of adapted dog crates/indoor housing please?

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
We need your help guys :) We're looking for pictures of dog crates, especially ones that have been adapted or have runs/puppy pens attached to them. Any sort of indoor housing really.

We are going to be holding a rabbit open day in a local pet store (they dont sell pets and support rescues) Our aim is to educate people about buying decent bunny housing. We want to try and get the whole message across that bunnies can live in other things, not just a hutch :)

Please post any pictures on the thread, or PM them to me if preferred :) They will be used on an information board to give people some ideas.

Thats so much... will post more info about it when we know more :) xXx

Ours aren't dog crates Becky but I could add some pics of the baby pens we use & the set up in the kitchen for Finlay & Arthur - which is a cage base with a pen attached to it. Let me know what you think.

Ours aren't dog crates Becky but I could add some pics of the baby pens we use & the set up in the kitchen for Finlay & Arthur - which is a cage base with a pen attached to it. Let me know what you think.

That would be fab Denise, when you have time hun :) xXx

No probs - here you go :)

Thought I'd do it now, otherwise I'll have a senior moment & forget tomorrow :oops:

DSCF3787.jpg

DSCF3171.jpg

CNV00188.jpg

I have this set up for my new bunnies, but there not here yet, so i cant give you pics with any buns inside the crate.....
hope they are of some use
photo-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Ty Denise!! Thats fab! Especially like the 1st pic, i love that little willow house :love: xXx

Thanks Becky - when we had a new kitchen a couple of years ago, we told them they'd got to make sure there was room for a bunny set up! :oops::lol: They thought we were stark raving mad! The willow house came from the RWA shop - Finlay loves to sit on it not in it :roll:

What we need is pictures of how dog crates can be adopted to be used as rabbit accomodation.

This should be in General Chat if you are looking for dog crates photo

:? But we are looking for dog crate photos adapted for bunnies?!? I.E, with shelves added, nice vet bed/fleece on the floor... litter trays, toys... we need to try and get the message across that bunnies dont just live outside in hutches!

I could give you a pic of Rory's cage if you like? It's an old rat cage with no base, an old tablecloth underneath, a fleece blanket on top, a litter tray in one corner, toy hanging in the middle and a water bottle that never gets used :? he's totally free range though, apart from the seldom visits we get from my OH's niece and nephew...I don't fancy seeing a 14 month old pick up my bunny by the mane :shock:

These are all the pictures I have. They are mainly NIC setups but the last two are my dog crate, although its not adapted as they dont live in it.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF9998.jpg

DSCF9920-1.jpg

DSCF9916.jpg

Rory's cage..and just as I said about the water bottle never being used, where else should he be but drinking from it? :lol::oops:
1oq0pv.jpg

9tmhhi.jpg

The Raisin box you can see in the first pic has a hole cut in the other side and it's full of hay , it's his secret den :p Also, note the big white boards under the bed - Bunny proofed ;)

Back