• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mega Paranoid

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I am so paranoid about my bunnies.

Some of the stories on here just bring me to tears and i am so worried about one of my buns getting ill suddenly or just finding them dead!

I know i am being soft but i can't help it.

Does anyone else feel this way or am i just neurotic?

I worry it every day about every one of my animals.

It's happened to me. I found one of my rats dead in her cage when I was a kid, and Mable died overnight despite my best attempts to save her :(
I like in constant fear that Charlie's going to suddenly stop eating, or my cockatiel will have killed herself somehow, that my hamsters have died in their sleep or I'll find a cat dead (mainly the old one) when I go downstairs in the middle of the night

You're not alone. After I lost my piggy I would randomly burst into tears at the idea of losing Bob my bunny. Sadly now they are both at the bridge and I have a bonded pair of bunnies. They are both young with no health problems and I don't feel the same paranoia about these two (although now I've written that I feel like I've tempted fate:shock:)

Nope,not at all.At times I think blimey..and it scares me half to death!!
Look at the Rainbow bridge dedications.Some bunny mummys are losing one then another a week later.
Having said that,I touch wood every day with my 2.With all the rest of my crappy problems,I count myself lucky that my babies arent one of them.
Maybe thats what you are,Sistermoonbeam..just plain old lucky.xxxx

Yes, I became overly neurotic after initially reading things on forums. I try to remember that you will always hear the worst of stories on places like this because it's full of people who will do anything for their rabbits, while most rabbit owners won't even notice things wrong and the rabbit passes and they don't give a second thought.

I have learned over time to trust my judgement and instincts when it comes to my rabbits. It's easy to scare yourself over things by reading what happens on here, but try to remember that this is a place where you can get good advice when you need it, but sometimes you will be given worst case scenarios if you are going to post about health issues.

Not everything will be as dire as it is made out to be, but it does help to be aware of potential scenarios. I have to admit though, I tend to stick to general chat and rabbit chat as opposed to the rest of the forum, otherwise I just worry myself sick that my rabbit has every ailment going :lol:

Not everything will be as dire as it is made out to be, but it does help to be aware of potential scenarios. I have to admit though, I tend to stick to general chat and rabbit chat as opposed to the rest of the forum, otherwise I just worry myself sick that my rabbit has every ailment going :lol:

I do that too now, I kept half convicing myself it was all gonna happen to Charlie

I do that too now, I kept half convicing myself it was all gonna happen to Charlie

Tell me about it. You should see how many times I have rushed mine off to the emergency vets for no reason :lol:

It does pay to be neurotic though. I knew something was wrong with one of mine this week although i'm sure the vet didn't believe me and thought I was over reacting when I took him in two days running. :roll: I'm pleased I stuck to my guns though.

Tell me about it. You should see how many times I have rushed mine off to the emergency vets for no reason :lol:

It does pay to be neurotic though. I knew something was wrong with one of mine this week although i'm sure the vet didn't believe me and thought I was over reacting when I took him in two days running. :roll: I'm pleased I stuck to my guns though.

Thankfully the only thing that Charlie's done is stop eating for a few hours... But I managed to convince him to eat and move and he was fine afterwards thank god. But I spent those hours convinced he was going to be seriously ill if not worse :oops:

I find it amazing that seemingly healthy bunnies can go downhill so quickly, and then you have buns like those at Rainbow Retirement Home and Ebony Eyes, and buns like Baby Saint, who battle on for ages, happy as larry despite all their difficulties!

Thankfully the only thing that Charlie's done is stop eating for a few hours... But I managed to convince him to eat and move and he was fine afterwards thank god. But I spent those hours convinced he was going to be seriously ill if not worse :oops:

Yeah, i've been three times to vetsnow the minute they have done that... despite the fact they always perked up after a few hours. :oops:

Yeah, i've been three times to vetsnow the minute they have done that... despite the fact they always perked up after a few hours. :oops:

Best to be safe than sorry though! I prodded Charlie so he ran about and waved dandelion in his face until he ate it, it did the trick anyway!

I go through weeks of constantly thinking one of them is going to die, so im constantly monitoring them and imagining there's something wrong :oops:

I have lots of myxomatosis nightmares, which really scares me :(

I go through weeks of constantly thinking one of them is going to die, so im constantly monitoring them and imagining there's something wrong :oops:

I have lots of myxomatosis nightmares, which really scares me :(

CALM DOWN DEAR!, you could live in my mews! then you'd REALLY have something to have nightmares about! :lol:

I never used worry about suddenly fiding one of them dead until it actually happened to my poor Jazz :cry: He was fine an hour before then my dad just found him dead he was only just one, i take a deep breath every morning before opening all the sheds, i don't think i would be able to cope with finding one of them just gone.

Same with Fidget! I'm constantly paranoid about her though with her bloody mucky bum!!!!!

Same with Fidget! I'm constantly paranoid about her though with her bloody mucky bum!!!!!

They're a worry!
my biggest fear atm is the cats, coz our eldest is 17 and should really already have died... It'd kill me to find him dead, I grew up with him since I was 2

Back