• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! I think Jez has weepy eye

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I think my 13 week old bun has weepy eye. His eye keeps watering. I thought it was due to dusty bedding at first, so I put in some of the dust-free stuff, and cleaned his eye (Water, then optrex eyedrops) and put him in the run. I've just been to get him out of the run, and his fur round his eye is all wet again, the eyelid is also a little red, so I don't think it can be bedding. Ive also looked at his eye, and i can't see any scrathes or anything.

I have some optrex eyebath at my dads house, and I'm going tommorow, should I use this?

The phone isn't working :evil: and there is no way I can get to the vets :cry:
What should I do?

I would not bathe it with anything but cooled boiled water tonight and then get him to the Vets tomorrow as he will probably need antibiotic eye drops. It is also important that your Vet checks that he does not have a scratch on the cornea or any foreign body under the eye-lid.

Golden Eyes ointment? It worked wonders for an eye infection I had a while ago. On another site it said it was safe to use for rabbits with weepy eye, should I give it a go?

Golden Eyes ointment? It worked wonders for an eye infection I had a while ago. On another site it said it was safe to use for rabbits with weepy eye, should I give it a go?

No, you should consult a Vet first as you dont know what the problem is and until he is examined you wont know if putting various potions in it will make things worse.

Back