• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heavy breathing

karen1980

Mama Doe
Got a question here my giant cross breathes heavy.
Its not like she's struggling to breathe just a
bit heavy sometimes shes louder than others.
She snores (heavy breathing) when she's asleep too.

Do you think she's got a respiratory problem or its just something she does?

She's not overweight but tends to do it when she's lying on her side or when she's sitting snuggled up.

I wonder if she's a little hot indoors?

BTW she's a house bun

I would get your Vet to check her over (listen to her lungs)
Increased respiratory effort might indicate a lower Respiratory Tract infection.

Thanks J-J.

Also she's sneezed a couple of times this morning and again just now when I was stroking her.
She is moulting quite a bit and her fur does get up my nose so must hers.

Aww maybe im being a panicky bunny mummy!!? :roll:

Thanks J-J.

Also she's sneezed a couple of times this morning and again just now when I was stroking her.
She is moulting quite a bit and her fur does get up my nose so must hers.

Aww maybe im being a panicky bunny mummy!!? :roll:

If she is also snezzing, even if they are 'dry' sneezes I would definately get her examined by your Vet :)

J-J - Just got back from the vets.
He said her lungs are fine.
He's given her baytril as he said she may have pasterella as buns can suffer from this sometimes.

What im confused about is that he was giving me the impression that this can come and go like say a cold whereas I though once they have something like that they are infected for life.

Anyway I have baytril but think in the long run I may need to find a more bunny savvy vet.

Back