• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit brush

LloydFerris

Warren Scout
Hi all!
My lop is shedding something fierce right now and won't tolerate me brushing her for more than a minute. She needs a very thorough brushing! I'm afraid of all the fur she and Lloyd will be swallowing if I don't get her cleaned up.
My question is, what sort of brush do you use for your buns? There has to be a good one out there that she will like and will work well.
Oh, and just so you know, she loves to have attention and to be stroked, but she sure doesn't care for the brushings!
(Could you please provide a picture for reference as I am in Canada and most likely wouldn't be able to find a referred product by name.)

Thank you!

if she doesn't like brushing then wet your hands and rub them over your bun and that'll lift excess fur. i use a really soft brush like a baby brush for mine.

Rubber washing up glove.
Put it on, and gently brush the rabbits fur back and fowards. Because of the material, fur should stick to it. You can also try really really gently nipping the fur (Not ragging it out) but gently pulling it, so the moulted hairs come off. If your going to buy a glove, I'd go with the Asda's own. I baught some Marigolds and they weren't rubbery enough to work.

Got ours from Poundland! - it is called a 'pet brush' and is wooden with an orange pad in it and it came with a metal comb which is great to get the hairs out of the brush!

The brush has worked out well - I paid a pound in case they couldn't tolerate being brushed and thought I would upgrade if they liked it but they have really taken to it - bargain:lol:

Back