• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing wound...is this ok?

Lyss_8689

Young Bun
My bunny billy was bitten by a spider about 2 and a half weeks ago and he had an allergic reaction to it which made him lick and bit the spot on his back like crazy causing a big sore. he was seen by the vet 3 times over the 4 days after the bite and since then has been healing well. I am just wondering if it's ok for an agouti bunny to have some white/pink skin and some black. the skin directly surrounding the healing wound is a very dark colour.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would prefer not to have to travel for an hour to get to the nearest rabbit savy vetand I cant get pet insurance in Aus so the vet bills add up.

Sorry, I know nothing abour spider bites (we only have little harmless ones in the uk) but if the skin is black, assuming it is not an area of pigment that was already there, it will probably die and slough off.
it sounds like your bunny really needs to see the vet, i'm afraid

Back