• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my bunnies spoilt?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
My bunnies have a 6ft NIC enclosure in the spare room for during the day and over night, they free range in the evenings downstairs and have a 48" dog crate to house their litter tray and hay etc, they have a 4ft hutch out on the yard that they use when free ranging on the yard, and then they have a hutch and run combo on the garden which I am currently adapting!

I suddenly realised that means they have 4 different housing arrangements!

Me thinks I need some more bunnies!

I am not sure how he would take to more bunnies! Our setups are all separate so it would be another bonded pair outside that would be best for us I think so i guess he would never see them!

He bonded easily with both Graham and Snowdrop despite being a bossy boots so I am hopeful in a few years when we have a bigger house and garden I could bond them into a group.

I am not sure how he would take to more bunnies! Our setups are all separate so it would be another bonded pair outside that would be best for us I think so i guess he would never see them!

He bonded easily with both Graham and Snowdrop despite being a bossy boots so I am hopeful in a few years when we have a bigger house and garden I could bond them into a group.

That sounds fab! :love: Im sure the new buns would be as spoilt as Strawberry and Snowdrop :D How is Snowdrop doing now? Is she better? xXx

She is having a good spell at the minute thanks. They have both been at my parents for 2 weeks and seemed fine while there and she hasnt had diahorrea in about 3 weeks now.

I am building her diet back up slowly now as she wants to eat my arm every day she is that fed up of hay only!

I am going to print this and wave it frantically at the otherhalf. He had a right moan at me yesterday when another package arrived for the buns. He said I have a disease or something, but clearly this proves it is not just me! :lol:

I am pleased to help! lol

We started with the 4ft hutch that we were sold by pets at home as "plenty big enough for a rabbit". We quickly realised it was far too small and wanted to bring Graham inside so brought some NIC cubes. We had Strawberry and Graham living side by side in NIC set ups untill they were both neutered. We brought a 48" dog crate to bond in and then moved them into a 6ft NIC set up and put them the crate downstairs for when re-ranging. My Grandad then brought me a hutch/run combo thinking he was being nice but its far too small to use so im going to adapt it so it has a large run then either use it as a play area on the grass for my guys or think about using it for fostering.

I am also thinking about using the crate with an attached run now instead of NIC cubes as they are a nightmare to clean as the mess goes underneath the panels and we have a tiny space down each side of it that it impossible to get to!

Back