• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Emergency vets with dobbin - and again this morning - what do i do??

Dobbin

Mama Doe
I am off to emergency vets with Dobbin, went out to their shed this morning and he is just sitting there - didnt come to great us - which is usual and won't eat his food - have tried him with all his favourites as well!! Please let him be ok.
bye for now
Sue
xx

Last edited:
Teeth! Needed a dental. Twinkle's teeth were the same - vet said he didnt understand why Twinkle was ok because her teeth were just as bad. They are both in for dentals. Vet said he could not be certain it was his teeth. Thank you so much for the vibes - i really hope they are ok.

Sue
xx

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Wabbits and their pesky teeth !!!

Do let us know how Dobbin and Twickle get on

Lots more vibes for them

xx

They both home, she is eating fine and is fine, however he is not great - he has hardly eaten anything, a tiny piece of carrot, tiny piece of cucumber and tiny bit of carrot top - in 3 hours.

Sue
xx

They both home, she is eating fine and is fine, however he is not great - he has hardly eaten anything, a tiny piece of carrot, tiny piece of cucumber and tiny bit of carrot top - in 3 hours.

Sue
xx

Try him on gratted carrot and pellets made soft by soaking them in some boiled water :)

ok, i wil try that, thank u, getting quite worried now
sue
xx

His mouth may be a bit sore for a couple of days so if he is not eating and pooing better by the morning I'd give the Vet a call and request that he has a few days supply of Metacam.

Try dandelion leaves!

Amber was the same after her dental, she kept making a sound like she was crunching a nut where she was ajusting to her 'new' teeth. Our Jane told me to ask the vet for some Metacam and then she started eating!

I have recently had a guinea pig with teeth problems who couldn't eat at all. I grated carrot on the fine side of the grater (the side you would grate lemon rind or parmesan on) so it came out really soft, then made little balls of it which I just popped into his mouth. They didn't take too much chewing so he was able to eat them much easier. I also grated broccoli in the same way.

Dobbin at emergency vets again

I was up with Dobbin all night last night he wouldnt eat a thing - he mainly just sat occasionally he would go for a hop around but would then be just sat there. Vet said he wasn't worried until this morning, phoned this morning and took him straight in. Dont think vet was that happy that i was there again or that i couldnt manage to syringe feed him but he just spat it out again. Vet felt his tummy - said it didnt feel doughy like it did yesterday and that he had some food in it. Vet then tried to syringe feed him science recovery and he did exactly the same thing, spat it out - so vet has admitted him. Gave him an injection asked me if i could grab some pineapple juice and take it back to him - which i did. Twinkle could not stay as they did not have enough cage space and vet said he wanted Dobbin on his own so he could see his progress. Twinkle has come home with me but she is being very grumpy and she is not really eating now either! I am so so so tired and emotional.

Sue
xx

Dobbin,

Sending you lots of hugs and vibes for your 2 babies, I am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you. Its awful when your bunnies are unwell, but at least you are doing all you can for them. xx

i phoned vets - he still isnt eating. They tried syringing him some science recovery and he spat most of it out again. I am so so worried :cry:

sue
xx

I just phoned the vets - the whole time he has been there he has had one pellet and forced some pineapple juice. The vet said its down to me whether i bring him home for night or leave him there for treatment. I tried to syringe feed him this morning but i couldnt do it, Twinkle misses him, but would he be better there over night where they can give him treatment, he hasn't had a poo yet and has only willingly eaten one pellet. What do i do, bring him home or leave him there overnight? All help and vibes is hugely appreciated.
Sue
xxx

Back