• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many can you have in 1 bed?

Ok so hi hi hi everyone - not been on for ages.

Ok so I am thinking about a trio! Goodness knows why?!?! Someone somewhere mentioned something - you know who you are!

So our situation - we currently have Beany and Truffle who we adore adore adore. They live in a dog crate with two levels and have run of the house when we are in so they get plenty of exercise. Our one bed flat comprises of two rooms - double bedroom and front room kitchen area.

Here are some photos of the main area:
5852_264334620384_524075384_8222154_3128905_n.jpg

above includes little truffle having her breakfast
5852_264334625384_524075384_8222155_7418982_n.jpg

Couldn't take one of the bedroom as Bean and Nick are asleep in there. :lol::lol::lol:

Now please don't anyone shout or put silly opinions on this thread - I just want honest open answers and thoughts please.

:wave: We live in large sized one bedroom flat and although I would LOVE a companion for Frodo, don't really think we have the space and it wouldn't be fair to him. We will be moving hopefully at the beginning of next year (can't afford it this year - going to New Zealand in October!:D) to something larger and with a garden, so I shall be raiding the rescues then! ;)

You clearly have space when they are free ranging as the living room is plenty big enough. Problem is I wouldnt want to have 3 in the crate that you have.

If them aways being free range is an option I would say go for it. If you are going to need to cage them over night or during the day I would say they will need at least 6 ft by 3 ft of space for 3 medium sized bunnies knowing how much my pair need as they are caged all day.

Yup we were thinking of getting a puppy pen too attach onto the cage anyhow.

During the six weeks holidays I am in all the time and keep the door open an they always just lie out on their top layer...don't even come out :(

Im off for the summer and mine are exactly the same! They hardly move all day and just lie under the dining table!

How big is your bathroom? Would it be an option to close them in their during the day instead of a cage? Bathrooms are usually fairly bunny proof (as long as you remember to put the toilet lid down) without an wires and they will have more space than in a cage.

:wave: We live in large sized one bedroom flat and although I would LOVE a companion for Frodo, don't really think we have the space and it wouldn't be fair to him. We will be moving hopefully at the beginning of next year (can't afford it this year - going to New Zealand in October!:D) to something larger and with a garden, so I shall be raiding the rescues then! ;)

Moving to newzealand :) are you moving to my house? :lol:

Back