• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can rabbits eat....for attention of gertie.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
pumpkin, sweet potato and prunes. These are some of the ingredients of the Ella's kitchen baby food, but I don't know if Jess can eat them. At the moment all I can give her is- carrot, parsnip and apple; apple and banana; strawberry and apple, but I don't want to give too much fruit and she's gone off the carroty one.

Any help please.

Last edited:
The potato in baby food is ok as it is cooked, it os raw potato that causes a problem.

I wouldn't choose a food that has its main ingredient as potato, but hipp organic carrot and potato is 70% carrot and I have used it for years with no problems :)

Sweet potato is not potato but a different family altogether and cooked is probably fine. I should think that the Ella's kitchen sachet you refer to is fine :D I know pumpkin and prunes are ok too.

Thanks for the replies, we will see if we can find something she likes. Although she does spend quite a bit of time licking up the honey from her abscess.:roll:

Hardly any pus came out of Jess's abscess today, I am only draining it once a day now and she is putting up more of a fight. I am hoping this means things are starting to clear up.
I still can't decide if she would be better joining her friends outside again, or she stays as a house bunny. We have heard of another bunny who may need a home and might consider bonding with Jess- although it is female as well. We just need to think about numbers and the time constraints now, as well as finances!:(

here is Jess, in healthier times.
DSC00070.jpg

Sweet potato is not potato but a different family altogether and cooked is probably fine. I should think that the Ella's kitchen sachet you refer to is fine :D I know pumpkin and prunes are ok too.

It IS definitely fine for bunnies when cooked.

Back