• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! fighting! :(

Becky:)

Alpha Buck
My four buns have been a happily bonded four for nearly two years, tonight i looked outside to see my two spayed girls rolling in a fight, i seperated and they repeated :( I don't understand, Tink has always been the dominant one, but it seems Daisy has suddenyl decided to turn around when tinks comes near and get aggressive, i am shocked, they never even fought when they were bonded two years ago. I have seperated Daisy, she is in my kitchen now, but acting strange, it sounds like shes breathing very fast and she is taking food pellets from me but inbetween grinding her teeth, what is going on? I'm devastated:cry:

It sounds like she is not well. Get her checked over by the vets. It could be the other bun has picked up there is something wrong with her. Has anything changed to start this off?

Have you checked her all over for wounds...turn her over and check everywhere, especially inbetween thighs as it's common for nasty injuries there if they have been locked on :(

It does sound like maybe Daisy isnt well and the others have picked up on it. I would take her to the vets tomorrow for a check over just in case.

I have checked both over for wounds, i couldn't find anything, there is an awful lot of or fur pulled. They have changed house, from a large hutch to a shed, but that was over a week ago. Tink has always chased Daisy a bit, but this is the first time she has ever retaliated. I don't know what to do :cry:

I would keep her separate for tonight and take her to the vets tomorrow for a check up. If everything is ok with her then attempt to rebond them all. I wouldnt put them back together tonight if the fighting was as bad as you described.

Yeh have set her up in a crate in the living room, she is grinding her teeth but also eating pellets, its so strange. Im so worried they will never get on again.

She might need to visit the vets - if she's grinding her teeth?

I have had buns turn on a bun before - turned out they saw somebun was ill before I did.

Why would a happily bonded rabbit turn on its companion if it was ill?

It is also safer to not be associated with a sick rabbit....in rabbit world....it would make the rest of the warren a target for predators. Survival of the fittest i'm afraid. A sick bun is a liability and can be rejected.

On the other side of the coin a bunny companion can give a new lease of life to a sick or ailing bunny :) and some buns can be very protective of a sick bonded partner - it just depends on the dynamics, hierarchy and whichever instinct is currently kicked in!

Back