• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please check bunny bums regually:(

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
My friend text me earliar she had to have her dental bunny pts due to fly strike she only checked her hours before and she was fine:(

I check mine everytime i get hold on them... which is usually regularly :oops:
Sorry to hear about your friends bun.. :(

i'm sure my bunnies think i'm obsessed with their bottoms :oops:. first, i steal their neatly laid poo. the more they do, the more i steal. then, when i cuddle them, i make a point of examining their fluffy bottoms. no amount of disapproving, puzzled looks will put me off. they must think i'm a weirdo...:shock:

I've seen how fast they can lay and hatch after they did on Teddy... in the space of about three hours :shock:

Poor bun :(

wow i never thought fly strike was that bad and could come on so fast. i check ruby's bottom daily, maybe i should have a little peek more often. She doesnt seem to mind me having a look!

How do you guys all cope with checking bums of rabbits who will not (under ANY circumstances!!) let you pick them up? :?

How do you guys all cope with checking bums of rabbits who will not (under ANY circumstances!!) let you pick them up? :?

ALL rabbits can be handled providing you are confident enough about it! All of mine hate being picked up but they don't have a choice if I need to check them. One is a nightmare as she goes as straight as a board if I try to handle her, but I generally take her in a small quiet room and she's ok.

Mine kick so much that I worry about hurting them (or them hurting themselves). I usually just try and see by moving their tail when they're on the floor. This isn't enough, I know. Will have to try and just force them up :?

Mine kick so much that I worry about hurting them (or them hurting themselves). I usually just try and see by moving their tail when they're on the floor. This isn't enough, I know. Will have to try and just force them up :?

I used to be really timid about handling them, but I watched how confident my vet and the rescue lady were and picked it up from them.

I generally scruff them and scoop up their bum with my hand before quickly putting them against me and their head under my arm to calm them down. I NEVER hold them by the scruff only and never bear any weight by holding the scruff, I bear their weight for a brief moment with my other hand holding their bum. It's the safest way to handle skittish rabbits as they are unable to kick out and cause an injury to themselves.

Back