• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My first sale.

Simon

Warren Scout
After the bad news I've had over the weekend here's a bit of good news. My first rabbit hutch has sold. Here it is in it's new owners home and a couple of happy ocupants.:)
IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0643-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats looks fab, well done.
I could have done with you a few weeks ago when I was building my new run. i'm in Leicester as well! :roll:

Thanx again, how did building your run go lilbun?

Not well. By the end I had my hands in bandages 'coz they were covered in cuts and blisters! Cutting the 16 gauge wire was the worst bit. Discovering power tools was a revelation though :)
I haven't put it together yet because it's for when i move house but i'll post pictures when it's done.
I like the colour of yours but i've painted mine dark green so it doesn't dominate our little garden.
Got to build another one when i've finished repainting a 5 bed house inside and out ready for sale :roll:

Not well. By the end I had my hands in bandages 'coz they were covered in cuts and blisters! Cutting the 16 gauge wire was the worst bit. Discovering power tools was a revelation though :)
I haven't put it together yet because it's for when i move house but i'll post pictures when it's done.
I like the colour of yours but i've painted mine dark green so it doesn't dominate our little garden.
Got to build another one when i've finished repainting a 5 bed house inside and out ready for sale :roll:

I've had a few people ask advise on a good way of building runs over the last few days an I'm happy to help anyone who wants to build there own. I'll use the last PM as a draft as I think that's the best way I've explained it. When it comes to cutting mesh its always best to use a grinder and gloves are a good way to avoid getting toughened hands. I paint all my own stuff green so it blends with my garden but it's not to everyone taste. Have fun painting your new place and I'll look forward to seeing pics of your new run when it's up.:)

Thanks for the tip about the wire. Really annoying though, 'coz we've just given our grinder away when clearing the house :roll:
I was using wire cutters from wickes. After the first blisters appeared I took to wearing gardening gloves with marigolds over the top for grip

Luckily my rabbits were happy to inspect my work:
DSCF0946-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I won't be making anymore for a while. After I last phoned you I went to spend some time with my rabbits and found an abscess in Buttons dewlap. It wasn't from fighting and the cause is puzzling. the vet thinks it may be a splinter. He's having it removed as we speak so as long as he pulls through I'll be concentrating on making him better. After that I'll be bonding moogle and hazel with the rest. I'm also thinking of extending the enclosure over the slabbed area. If I can find time while doing all that then I'll carry on but my prioritys have to be to look after my rabbits first. Thanks for the good wishes though Jill.

Hi was just wondering if you could tell me what kind of wood you used for that hutch as it looked really smart!! I remember you told me to use 2x2 for the frame but i cant find the post so sorry if ive already asked you!! Also what type of wire do you use?
Thanks alot hope your bunny gets better :)

Back