• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aaaargh Peanut AGAIN!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Peanut got the all clear on monday, as i posted about. Monday night, dad called me downstairs to tell me there was a little pool of blood in the run. turned out peanut hooked one of his claws in the square mesh of the run and broke it off. the bleeding had stopped, and he seemed fine, gave it a clean, and left it at that.

Today i noticed him limping, so i took him out and all around the remainder of the claw is thick dried puss. the skin around the claw is swollen, it looks like he had a bead around his claw.

Jelly and Domino have broken claws like this before and its always been fine so i wasnt concerned. Now i am. Its the same foot as his sore hock.

Hes going to the vet tomorrow, im assuming they will just give him antibiotics.

:(:(

im just so fed up, i was so happy he had done so well, the vet was so impressed, but now this. im hoping a course of antibiotics will fix it pretty simply, but who knows when it comes to PB.

i am hoping it wont cause any relapses with his hock, i cant see how or why, but you never know :? :?

im quite suprised its happened this quickly, i probably should have taken him to the vet when it happened but it looked so minor, and what would they have done for a broken claw :(

Oh peanut butter! what have you been up to :roll:

I hope he recovered from this.
Goodluck at the vets.

im just so fed up. i know its not my fault, i know that, but you just get to the point where you think "i cant be doing this right"

:(

awww Peanut :( hes really attenton seeking aint he that one :shock::shock:

hope he feels better soon hun xxxx

me n dad have taken to calling him the drama queen :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: he likes the pink collar... i just knew it :shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i call Alvin a drug addict cus of his stasis episodes :oops:

maybe peanuts immune system is just at an all time low after the illness and op and anything that normally wouldnt bother him seems to make him poorly more readily :(

:lol::lol::lol: he likes the pink collar... i just knew it :shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i call Alvin a drug addict cus of his stasis episodes :oops:

maybe peanuts immune system is just at an all time low after the illness and op and anything that normally wouldnt bother him seems to make him poorly more readily :(

thats what i thought. hes such a little :censored:.

:lol:

i think the neighbours think im crazy, i had him in my arms and i went "youre such a little :censored:. no seriously Peanut, you are"

Poor Peanut. It's bad enough having a poorly toe without being called a :censored: :roll:

I want to know what the :censored: stands for :oops:

Back