• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

berties finally been given the all clear by john chitty

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
berties had ulcers on his cornea for a long time...its been treated since february and cost me a fortune...i still have to claim back off petplan.
he underwent all the eye drops you can think off....his eye being left laone....scratch eye ball....serum therapy......etc etc and finally ended up being referred to john chitty in andover! he went drops etc there too and left alone but it came back.....
he had antibx drops and then nothing cos he was due to see john....but he bertie got very sick with his tummy....then i got flu.....finally got there worried sick. john said hes fine..scarring on his eye but not too bad....and tissue is healthy...no fluorescing of the ulcer but the scarring hsows it up a little but hes assured me it is nO LONGER ACTIVE...hoooooorrrayy!!!

Ooh, poor Bertie, that must have been unpleasant for him.
Glad his poorly eye is getting better now :D

thank you..its taken such a long long time and a lot of lo tof money.....petplan owe me lots!!
i can claim for the travel costs tho which is a shame...it was more than the vet fees about three time sover:shock:

hes happier now until he hurt his paw and ripped out a claw....oh fun...metacam and cuddles..our vet said he was fine it was clean n dry by the next morning..phew!!

hes got enough eye sight probs being a rew but the scarring shouldnt affect it too bad john said.
fingers crossed.

thank you..its taken such a long long time and a lot of lo tof money.....petplan owe me lots!!
i can claim for the travel costs tho which is a shame...it was more than the vet fees about three time sover:shock:

hes happier now until he hurt his paw and ripped out a claw....oh fun...metacam and cuddles..our vet said he was fine it was clean n dry by the next morning..phew!!

hes got enough eye sight probs being a rew but the scarring shouldnt affect it too bad john said.
fingers crossed.

glad things are looking good:D

Back