• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need to vent...

wiggie

Alpha Buck
I haven't been on here for a while but need to vent after recent events:roll:

We looked after a bun for afriend while they were on holiday and when they came back they said they wanted to rehome him. He's a lovely rabbit and we've got attached to him so we have kept him for the last couple of weeks on the understanding that they would have him while we were on our hols and then they would let us know if they still wanted to rehome.

The only reason I hesitated was that the only realistic way we could keep him is if he was bonded with our existing pair and I wasn't sure about potentially disrupting their bond.

Anyway he went into stasis on thursday night just before midnight and looked really unwell so I treated him like I would any of my rabbits and called the vet who met me half an hour later. He is recovering well now.

The owner picked him up tonight and I made a vet appt for her to take him to on monday as follow up. I have told her all the signs to look for and what to feed him etc but am soooo worried. She is a lovely person and wants the best for him but I really hope she has taken it all on board. She did say that if he had been with her she wouldn't have taken him in:(. He feels like my rabbit now and I wish he was still here where I could keep an eye on him. I had no choice to send him back for a while as our other bunnies are booked in boarding and they have no more room:(.

She has just let me know she definately wants us to give him a permanent home . . . I wouldn't worry if he had been well and I know I'm probably being completely paranoid but I just hope he's ok till we get him back:cry:.

sorry to go on so much:(

im sure they will look after him! its always the case..... NO ONE could ever do as good a job as you....

i wouldnt trust anyone with mine of they were ill- not even a vet lol

yeah I must have an ego the size of a house:roll::lol:
She's looked after him well for 2 years so why wouldn't he be ok . . but I'm still worried:roll:

hun, you can only do what you can do, if you had known in advance and been able to book the boarders, then you'd still have worried, wouldn't you ;) you've done your best, and until she officially hands over the bun, she has to take the responsibility

yeah I must have an ego the size of a house:roll::lol:
She's looked after him well for 2 years so why wouldn't he be ok . . but I'm still worried:roll:

i didnt mean it like that! i mean its like kids- your the best person no-one could do better....... eek- im digging a hole- internet is so hard to say what u mean ......

Don't worry, I do know what you mean.. was only joking:).
thanks for your replies!

Last edited:
Back