• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to the forum/ intoduction!

daisymoo

Young Bun
Hi every one, my name is kaz and myself and my partner Stew have just bought a beautiful bunny, we have named her daisy, I was wondering if anyone could give me some handy tips for first time bunny owners!

As we speak Daisy is running around the bedroom (she has got her own room at the moment!) she seems happy, she is darting around all over the place! is this a good sign, she keeps coming to nosy at what im doing, she says hello!

speak soon!
love from Kaz and Daisy Bunny xxxx

:wave: Hi! Welcome to RU!

This forum is a fabulous place for advice and chatting with other bunny mad friends. I hope you enjoy it.

Hi every one, my name is kaz and myself and my partner Stew have just bought a beautiful bunny, we have named her daisy, I was wondering if anyone could give me some handy tips for first time bunny owners!

As we speak Daisy is running around the bedroom (she has got her own room at the moment!) she seems happy, she is darting around all over the place! is this a good sign, she keeps coming to nosy at what im doing, she says hello!

speak soon!
love from Kaz and Daisy Bunny xxxx

Hi !!!! and welcome

What type of bunny is daisy???

the main tip i have is get her neutered!!!! This will help keep her temprement and look after her health and she will be happier all round! that is the most important advice i have.

Feed loooooooads of hay and pellets like science selective (not mixed muesli) - any changes in diet must be done gradually!

avoid lettuce totally and feed only very small amounts of broccoli and leafy greens.

Apple should be given as a treat because of the sugar content..

You can toilet train her by puttin a toilet where she wees (this may work better when neutered) wood based cat litter is ideal!

those are my main tips! but nice to meet you- and welcome to the forum!!!

Thanks for the welcome guys its really nice to know that she and I will be looked after on the forum, thanks for your tips.

I have been told she is a Rex which to be quite honest I wouldnt know, I had a very well looked after hamster many years ago and it was just too heart breaking for words when he died so I have got this cute little hoppy ball of fluff and I am so happy already! she will be a spoilt one I can tell you!

I am going to keep her as a house rabbit, my first mission for next week is to take her to the vets to get her checked over and talk about all of her needs.

She seems very jumpy and when we pick her up she poops all over us! she keeps coming up to me for a sniff and then hops away!

she has a mad few seconds where she is running around fast and does a little flick with her legs, is this normal?

ps thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
x

Hello! Welcome to RU! I'm Courtney :wave:
She sounds like a nice bunny, What type of bun is she?

I haven't really got many tips :lol:
Ummm, Not too many veggies, lots of excercise.
Spaying is a good idea, and check over your bunny everyday too make sure everything is ok :)

I think that's the main tips :lol:

Have a nice time in the forum!!

Thanks for the welcome guys its really nice to know that she and I will be looked after on the forum, thanks for your tips.

I have been told she is a Rex which to be quite honest I wouldnt know, I had a very well looked after hamster many years ago and it was just too heart breaking for words when he died so I have got this cute little hoppy ball of fluff and I am so happy already! she will be a spoilt one I can tell you!

I am going to keep her as a house rabbit, my first mission for next week is to take her to the vets to get her checked over and talk about all of her needs.

She seems very jumpy and when we pick her up she poops all over us! she keeps coming up to me for a sniff and then hops away!

she has a mad few seconds where she is running around fast and does a little flick with her legs, is this normal?

ps thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
x

We posted at the same time :lol:
Being jumpy is quite normal for a new rabbit, she will get used to you. :)
The flick with her legs is normal, it's called a Binky, all rabbits do it. :D
She sounds very nice! :D

I guess we did! :lol:

thank you, she is very cute indeed! she is getting very bold now and is really discovering new things! im just sat with her now!

she is wide awake and i am ready for bed! I wish could stay up all night with her!!

I have bought a card board tube for her to play with she has been wary of it all night and now she has just been sitting in it! its very exciting!

:)

Hiya and welcome to the forum :wave:

Daisy sounds very sweet, look foward to pics :D

You say shes a rex... is she on carpet?? I think carpet can give them sore feet, though someone more knowledgable on rexes could confirm this :)

Tips would be to get her neutered to avious uterine cancer in later life, and to make sure she gets her myxi jab every 6 months, and vhd jab every 12 months!

Hope you enjoy the forum - theres some lovely people on here and lots of fab advice!!! xXx

hello, its nice to hear from you, but we do need piccies...if you dont post piccies on here, you will be nagged mercilessly until you do, so get that camera out first thing in the morning!!

Back