• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Shadow

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Shadow is my black rex her nails grow really long but the quicks are long too,ive just cut her nails and done one too short:( There is now a trail of blood from the run to the shed and porky is covered in blood!!!!!!

Ooh no, has it stopped bleeding now?
I'm sure it will be fine, but will probably hurt for a few hours but don't feel bad though as we have probably all done it, I know I have

Yep, I've done the same a few times...it's so difficult with rexs because you can't use the length of the fur on their toes as a guide :(

Ooh no, has it stopped bleeding now?
I'm sure it will be fine, but will probably hurt for a few hours but don't feel bad though as we have probably all done it, I know I have

I dont know i will check again before i lock them up for the night,Her nails always look so long

did someone tell me to have cornflour on hand to stem bloodflow? i haven't needed that yet. matthew's nails are similar - they look long but i daren't cut them any shorter. i work on a 'squeeze and flinch' method - if he doesn't move his foot away, i cut the nail.

Back