• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wasps keep flying into runs?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
I have 2 of those octagon enclosures for my bunnies with garden netting clasped over the tops but stupid wasp keep flying into the runs then cant get back out!

They dont seem to bother the bunnies but they bother me. Is there anything I can leave sitting about that they dont like that wont harm the bunnies?

I don't know if this will work for wasps, but I saw it work with bees. I went to an outdoor picnic and on each table they had a jar lid with a little honey in it. The bees went to the honey and left everything (and everyone) alone. Maybe you could set it out near where they are going in??

Where is the wasp nest? Could you get rid of it?

My mother in law did that with a jar of jam when she was having a bbq, well not a full jar of jam, she half filled it with water and put jam round the sides to attract the wasps.
It actually worked quite well but I would be too scared to o near it later on to get rid of it:(

The runs are in the middle of the grass so there isnt any nest near by but they just seem to be attracted to the netting this year, Stupid wasps!

Back