• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a litter suitable for cats and rabbits?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Just a ponder. I currently get megazorb for the buns but with my new addition I wondered if there was something that I could use for both, So I don't have 2 bags of bulk litter taking up space.

I have bought wood based for kitty, although I have been told that clay based is much more appreciated by cats.

I use wood pellets for my bun and gave some to my cousin for her cat to try out as the clay was too dusty.

It got rid of the odour and she gradually mixed it in to his clay litter. He's liking it now and my cousin keeps hinting at me to bring more over :lol:

i thought a wood based was ok as it was digestable but the clay based shouldn't be used with rabbits because it clumps causing blockages when ingested?:?

Wood based is the only one I know that's good for both kitties and bunnies. Over here you can get wheat-based ones that are awesome too as wheat enzymes naturally prevent odours and if ingested they're perfectly safe.

AMETHYST

We use yesterday's news for the cats which is made from recycled newspaper. I don't use it for the bunnies but it can be used for them as well

Wood or paper based non clumping is fine. It's the clay stuff you should avoid :)

We use yesterday's news for the cats which is made from recycled newspaper. I don't use it for the bunnies but it can be used for them as well

i use that when im desperate- its good stuff but eeeeeekkkkkkkkk how expensive!!!!

i have recently changed my kitties from the clay based to the wood based. The wood one is great for getting rid of odors, particularly if your cats are as stinky as mine! on the downside, one of the cats used to dig a hole and bury her poos (the other never bothered!) but sonce changing to wood she just cant be bothered to dig and bury!!!

I was going to sued the wood based for my bunny but never did in the end, just forgot really. I use wood shavings for har litter tray

My kitten hated the wood based and would poo next to the litter tray rather than in it so I had to go to clay based. :( I know others have had better experieces though.

Back