• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I find it hard to love them

Rachie

Mama Doe
on nights like tonight when they seem to go out of their way to be naughty on purpose

as sad as it is, my buns have been one of the very few things that have kept me going over the last couple of months but even they seem to hate me and want to make things difficult atm

I'm sure they don't hate you. My bunsters also have a party all night - every night. :shock::lol::lol:

Oh lovely,they dont hate you! :D
They maybe just off colour for the day :lol:

This morning, I got Delila out and she thumped for the first time :lol: made myself and oggie jump a mile :lol: But she was lovely when she was out and she was fine later :D

Im positive they love you as much as usual :love:

No really, they're being exceedingly naughty this evening

I heard Oliver jump off my bed so I thought I'd stick my head round the door to see what they were up to. There wasn't just one little wee patch, there were about 10, you'd like someone had thrown several glasses of water over my bed and then left a puddle on the floor too. Then speaking of throwing water, they then knocked a load of water out of their water dish - now usually I'd think it was an accident but I'm sure they did it on purpose tonight :evil:

They're not very sociable of late either, they both seem to rather want to spend the day sulking together than have anything to do with me. Hmmpf

Aw I know how you feel, my lot seem to go through naughty phases as well though. It's frustrating when they wee on the bed too, Piglet's always doing that :evil:

Aw hun I'm sure they dont hate you!
Jaki wee's on the bed all the time and not just once, she is a little minx.
You just feeling down and think everyone is against you go and get them and give them cuddles xx

my OH was about to put his head on a cushion on the sofa until I noticed a patch of wee on it. He thought it was disgusting but I thought it was quite funny :oops::oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: One of my cats decided to go in the rabbit room and wee on one of the vet beds today. :evil: Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. :censored:

Mine are playing up tonight, well just Abbey really, she has started eating a suitcase and a feather duster. Nunzeo, however, did 2 binkies today! Which, as he is the grupiest bunny ever, is a big thing!!!

ah! here i am, out of bed from 3:20 am because of sounds of chaos from the living room. are they up to mischief? no, just having a noisy run. only, now, they're having a green bean, and so is the gerbil as he seemed to think he was up for something too.

rachie, your bunnies don't hate you. they're just being rabbits. not that i was so understanding about mine on the day they ate the carpet and every wire from the music centre.:lol:

I don't think rabbits "hate" as we understand it. They're more like toddlers - play up from time to time & often more so when we're a bit below par. When I fostered a tortoise, I reckoned there'd be some jealousy, so I ignored the poor tortoise the 1st. evening. Woken at 3.00am by bunny on my lap in bed, immediately followed by warm wet. He'd only emptied a busting full bladder on me to make his point hadn't he? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for having a moan about them. It just really got to me last night. Like I said it wasn't even one little wee it was ALL OVER my bed!

Oliver is being a bit friendlier today but Ebs is still sulking under my bed :roll:

I reckon that we all need to "let it out" from time to time, Rachie. No criticism of you was intended in the slightest. Thumper gives me a remarkably easy time.
Perhaps I should have tried to think through why your buns were misbehaving like this. I don't know, but will keep it in mind - Please let us know how you get on.

I reckon that we all need to "let it out" from time to time, Rachie. No criticism of you was intended in the slightest. Thumper gives me a remarkably easy time.
Perhaps I should have tried to think through why your buns were misbehaving like this. I don't know, but will keep it in mind - Please let us know how you get on.

Oh no no, I didn't think you or anyone was critising, sorry if it came across like I thought you were :) Just feel a bit guilty for moaning about them :oops:

Like I say, they're being really unsociable at the moment. If anyone has any ideas on why they're being so grumpy or what I can do to resolve it then I'd be grateful for those suggestions too :D

Oh no no, I didn't think you or anyone was critising, sorry if it came across like I thought you were :) Just feel a bit guilty for moaning about them :oops:

Like I say, they're being really unsociable at the moment. If anyone has any ideas on why they're being so grumpy or what I can do to resolve it then I'd be grateful for those suggestions too :D

Don't feel guilty for moaning about them; they don't feel guilty for causing chaos and disorder! :lol::lol: I'm sorry that they are being unsociable. Mine seem to prefer each other's company too and only come to me when they feel like it, ie when there is food on offer.:roll:

Rachie;326818 said:

As a real stab in the dark - there's bunny basics - smell change.
Have you changed washing powder/talc/perfume/shampoo or aftershave etc?
To really :lol::lol::lol: Have you given your bed "more attention" recently eg poorly/tired & they've had less attention?
Thumper's grumpy with the weather either too hot & humid, or raining so he's bored indoors & busting with energy as it cools down at night, but I don't want him running too much on the carpet cos the fur on his hocks is thin. All adds up to less "play time".
It's looking at those sort of changes perhaps.
I must agree that peeing ALL over your bed isn't on.

Don't feel bad. I think these feelings come from time to time to everyone who has animals. Sometimes I yell that I will just give them all away and have a simple life, but it isn't true. I would never do that. I clean up their mess and look at their cute little faces.
It's like someone told me once--babies have to be cute or their mother's would kill them.

As a real stab in the dark - there's bunny basics - smell change.
Have you changed washing powder/talc/perfume/shampoo or aftershave etc?
To really :lol::lol::lol: Have you given your bed "more attention" recently eg poorly/tired & they've had less attention?

Hmm, I think it might be because I managed to get my OH home for a couple of days. Oliver usually tries to wee on him so maybe thats it? As for them not getting as much attention, they don't seem to want it from me. I try to have a cuddle and I get their back feet flicked at me!

On another random note, I've had to take their carrier off them the last two nights because Oliver has taken to sitting on top of it and chewing it

I think we're friends again - I've just cleaned up bunny drool and strawberry juice up from the carpet and then they came and sat on my knee to eat some cabbage :love::love:

Back