• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear, I think HE is a SHE... Second opinion? (picture)

Rin'Kon

Warren Scout
WARNING: A picture of rabbit bits down below :lol:

I was pretty sure until now that my bunny is a female. Now I'm almost 100% sure he, is in fact, a she :lol:

I checked a lot of sites for reference pictures (I tried not to feel to embarrassed) and I'm sure I mis-sexed my bun when I got her. Now I feel she needs a new name.

I'm going to the vets next week but I'm getting another bun on Sunday. I just want to make sure I get the opposite gender to 'Bootes'.

Help me? :oops:

The picture:

img9523x.jpg

Sorry it's not the clearest, my little sis and I were having a few focus and lighting issues.. heh.

Oh, and excuse my nail! I recently dyed my hair without gloves...

:lol: Okay then, I guess I'll have to go through a renaming process!

Bootes doesn't seem so fitting anymore.

its a girl.why not call her bootie?

Well... she does have quite a huge butt :lol: but I think my sister would struggle to hold back laughing if she were called that, even if it was supposed to be in the little boot sense!

We're looking through name lists now and will put a name together tonight :)

Def a girl lol, good luck renaming her... I am a lil concerned about Rimmis gender but hes only 10 weeks old.... waiting to see if anything....erm.... drops.... lol

Def a girl lol, good luck renaming her... I am a lil concerned about Rimmis gender but hes only 10 weeks old.... waiting to see if anything....erm.... drops.... lol

My bun is only 11 weeks old so I've been checking every now and again. Today is the first day I seriously doubted her gender. I was almost going to wait a bit before doing the same as you :lol:

My bun is only 11 weeks old so I've been checking every now and again. Today is the first day I seriously doubted her gender. I was almost going to wait a bit before doing the same as you :lol:

Actually, just thought about it and Rimmi is 11 weeks old today, lol.... I keep checking... hes either seriously small (and he is a nethie) or not a guy like I was told... at the end of the day I guess the neuter at 6 months will let us all know for sure, lol!

I never usually have this problem with gendering bunnies but theyve always been bigger, Rimmi is the first small bun I have had and the person I had him off was sure ....

:p

Buns eh? They're such a mystery!

I'd say a girl
and if you are getting one of the opposite sex plese keep them apart unitl this little girl has been speyed..they can breed at a very young age

Actually, just thought about it and Rimmi is 11 weeks old today, lol.... I keep checking... hes either seriously small (and he is a nethie) or not a guy like I was told... at the end of the day I guess the neuter at 6 months will let us all know for sure, lol!

I never usually have this problem with gendering bunnies but theyve always been bigger, Rimmi is the first small bun I have had and the person I had him off was sure ....

:p

Buns eh? They're such a mystery!

I know!

When I went to get my bun, both I and the original owner thought she was a he :lol: She's also quite small, but not quite as small as a full Nethie. So glad I had my doubts now and not after I got my second bun.

@honeybunny

I do know that and will do :) I'll be getting both my buns neutered before introducing them to each other. It would also reduce any aggression and I've researched all of this.

I'm not getting another until Rimmi has been neutered and that one will be coming from a rescue so there will only be one op to endure.... lol.

I wonder when we'll know for sure. The vet had a look when we went for his Myxi last week but even he said he could be a small boy, bless him!!

Good luck with yours :)

Back