• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is life so cruel? Any spare vibes for Poppy please? U/D 10/8 She's gone

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
After our shock last night of what happened with our cat William & having to let him go, I now fear we might facing losing our sweet little bun Poppy :cry:

We rescued her as an unwanted childs pet last December & from about January she started with snuffles :cry: Since then Poppy has been on baytril initially to treat this, then depocillin injections & steroid injections for the last several months :cry: She's also been checked to make sure there was nothing else that could be making her so poorly. After each course of depocillin & steroid injections she has bounced back really quickly.

We took her yesterday afternoon for a check up & another set of injections as she had started to breathe through her mouth & had a really bad bout of sneezing. She also appeared to have a slight purpleish tinge round her nose & mouth, plus was weeing herself & not cleaning herself up :cry: She's been back today for another injection, however, Jane our vet thinks she might be getting ready to go :cry: Poppy's symptoms seem very similar to what Benjie's were earlier in the year when we had to let him go :cry:

I haven't dared think about losing Poppy after William, but she is now weeing herself more & I have just picked her up to find a load of mucus coming from her bottom :cry: We have her booked in for 9.30am tomorrow - if she detoriates overnight, I can't help but feel it's kinder to let her go now than try to keep her going.

I just pray she will be ok, as I feel my heart's breaking in two at the moment - life is just so bloody cruel :cry:

Last edited:
Oh I am so sorry, i have a pretty good idea how you are feeling right now :cry::cry::cry:

I will be thinking of you all tonight and in the morning xxx

Thanks guys - you are a godsend & so much support at times like this - I can't thank you enough.

Oh I am so sorry, i have a pretty good idea how you are feeling right now :cry::cry::cry:

I will be thinking of you all tonight and in the morning xxx

Thanks Liz - maybe sometime soon we will both get some brighter news that will help us through the rough times like this xx

Thinking of u and poppy, I really do know what u are going through as i have just been through the same distressing time only this week.:( keep strong and do what u feel is right for yr little bun xxx

hi bunnyaddict i know exactly what your going through. sending loads of vibes for poppy. hope something more can be done to help her.

Back