• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Insurance

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Is pet insurance for bunnies a good idea?

I have been toying with getting it (though this goes hand in hand with trying in vain to find a rabbit savvy vet).

Do other people have it and if so can anyone recommend a good company with good cover at a good price.

Cheers,
Graeme

i vote yes yes yes yes yes :D

Alvins Stasis bouts have now twice come to over 300 quid each and hes even had a one off payment for a dental

pearls recent breathing issues have come to £300

i was toying with the idea of cancelling but after the last few weeks im estatic i kept the insurance :D:D:D

eta - petplan are recommended by my vets and so far have not let me down.. fast settlements too

I'm with Petplan and recently claimed and had a cheque sent within two weeks. Petplan cover 'for life' which is what you need, this covers long term illnesses.

Just make sure that your bank and Petplan have set up your payment correctly though as my friend recently had trouble in this respect:?

I'm with Petplan and recently claimed and had a cheque sent within two weeks. Petplan cover 'for life' which is what you need, this covers long term illnesses.

Just make sure that your bank and Petplan have set up your payment correctly though as my friend recently had trouble in this respect:?

OK, being cheeky, but how much a month does it cost per bunny?

i pay £20.05 a month for my pair.. Excess is £50 at the moment for Pearl and £55 for Alvin

I pay £24 a month for a cat and 2 bunnies and I wouldn't be without it now. My bridge bunny cost me a fortune before she had to be pts and while I would never begrudge it, I'd hate to one day be in a position where I could no longer afford it.

After having had so many issues with petplan before now with other animals we have a system of saving so that we always have a 'stash' there to pay for all vets bills, without having to argue with someone on the other end of the phone. You have to be careful with this setup to not let the money go below a certain point but we have found it work really well...especially when you can pay in the same amount you would pay an insurance company.

Not for everyone, but it works for us.

I use petplan and have found them to be great. I've just been quoted £18 per month for my two bunnies (with two months free for each of them!). And I think the excess is £55.

I've had to claim before for my cat and also for Jess, when she got stasis twice - so glad I did as I paid out nearly £500 that month!

Back