• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a real **** of a day

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
If loosing Anthony this morning wasn't enough I have just had to seperate Fern and Bertie permanently :(

I worked so hard to bond them, Fern lost Flint and Bertie lost Emmy on the same day so I decided to bond the 2. Bertie loved Fern straight away but she didn't take to him all that well. After a week or so it settled down, although there was some chasing at feeding time but I was keeping a careful eye as something didn't feel right with it.

This afternoon they just started really laying into each other for no apparent reason. I really can't trust Fern with Bertie so have had to call it a day. Poor Bertie has had to be put in temporary accommodation :( Fern is still living in Bertie's big run as she is a Frenchie and wouldn't fit in our temporary cages. I feel so bad for Bertie, I have really let him down :cry::cry: He is such a cuddly boy, who loves bunny company, I feel really guilty.

I am so drained and exhausted, I have dropped litter trays in the house, smashed a couple of food bowls and all my full bin bags fell over and emptied out on the path :cry:

If I had the strength I think I would walk out the house and keep going for a while, as it is I will probably just sit in a corner and cry until my bum goes numb :cry:

A few accidents too.....A deep breath...cup of tea and a 5 minute break.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel....trust me.xxxxxxx

Hey Hun,

I know your going through a rough time right now but just remember you are doing good things:)

You haven't let Bertie down, you tried to give him a friend again and make him happy, you cant decide who's going to like who, unfortunately it just didnt work out but the main thing is you tried for Berties sake.

Im sorry about Anthony but again you did what you could. I know knowing that doesnt stop the pain. I think you need some hugs from Bertie :)

Hope you are ok. Sending hugs
xx

I am so sorry about Anthony and also about you having to separate Fern and Bertie.

Can you do something nice for yourself for the rest of the day? Like have a cup of tea and curl up in bed? When I lost Marley I was a wreck- felt sick, dizzy and exhausted. I went to bed as soon as I got home from the vets and it did help me feel better.

I am sorry today has been so bad for you, you do such a fantastic job xxx

I am hoping to manage a shower in a bit, haven't even brushed my hair today yet :oops:

Hopefuly I will feel better after a shower and a sandwich, then its on to evening meds etc

((((hugs to you Liz)))) - life can be so cruel at times, but trust me Bertie would be thankful for trying to find him a new lady in Fern - but sadly it's not meant to be. You certainly haven't let him down in any way.

If you can I think you need to try to take a little rest from everything - even if it's just to sit down with your feet up for a little while. Difficult I know when you have so many needy bunnies :(

Hope it helps to know that folk on here understand & are thinking of you, take care xxx

I'm so sorry Liz. With all the love and care you give these buns, I think you sometimes just need to recharge after some of the more draining days. You know we all think that you're an amazing person, and I think that shower and a sandwich and maybe a bit of tea might go a long way. (Tea solves everything in England, right? I think I saw that on TV once... ;))

I'm so sorry Liz. With all the love and care you give these buns, I think you sometimes just need to recharge after some of the more draining days. You know we all think that you're an amazing person, and I think that shower and a sandwich and maybe a bit of tea might go a long way. (Tea solves everything in England, right? I think I saw that on TV once... ;))

Not in this house it doesn't, I have a complete phobia of teabags they bring me out in goosebumps and make me feel sick :oops: I will stick with a glass of water :lol:

Not in this house it doesn't, I have a complete phobia of teabags they bring me out in goosebumps and make me feel sick :oops: I will stick with a glass of water :lol:

:lol: Don't tell the others, but I don't like tea either! I'm a hot chocolate kinda gal myself. :D

You do an awesome job for these buns. Now, if you had left them together to fight THEN you would have been letting them both down, but you're far too awesome to do that. You did the best thing and separated them.

All we can do is the best we can at the time, with the info we have, which is what you did with trying to bond them. Sometimes it goes wrong, it's not our fault, or their fault, sometimes it just happens. Maybe this means that somehow they will end up with a more perfect partner. The strangest opportunities come out of some of the worst circumstances, so you never know what might come their way because this didn't work.

You are truly fantastic at what you do and your buns are amazing. I know it's easy to get down about these things, especially when you take such a mental and emotional battering from all you go through, but try to remember that you do an awesome job.

I'm sorry about Anthony. Binky Free Anthony.

Last edited:
Thanks Sky-0 Its true what you say as we are now going to try Bertie in with the 2 girls Anthony lived with when they have had a couple of weeks to adjust. They are much more laid back so hopefully they will accept him. It would make my year to see him chilling out with some loving girly buns :love:

Maybe that's where the world was headed then. Things happen for the strangest reasons. Hopefully this will mean he can be all super loved up and the happiest he has ever been with them :)

Sometimes we have to look for the silver lining in a very dark cloud, despite that normally being VERY hard.

Sorry your having such a hard time Liz, your taking a real battering at the moment. I hope things look a bit brighter tomorrow, there are lots of bunnies out there who need you.

awhh you sound so fed up and it's not surprising! You certainly haven't failed Bertie and it sounds like he will be happier bonded with the girls, good luck!
we are always here if you feel like a rant..a rant always makes me feel better!!

Hey Liz
so sorry you are havng a rotten day, i really dont know how you do it, day in day out, with all those poorly needy buns. You are a real star.
I am at the wrong end of the country at the moment, but come term time, if you ever need a hand on a Saturday or Sunday then please let me know! xxx

Totally agree with Sky O's post:)

Poor Bertie, all he wants is a girly bun to binky around:( I'm sure you'll find him a wifey soon x

Sorry to hear about Bertie and Fern :( :( Just one of those things...bonds sometimes just don't work....nothing you could have done about that. Will keep my fingers crossed that they can both find happiness again with different buns :)

Back