• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet Bum?!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Lottie is a rather thick haired german lop, around her bum she seems to have a fair amount of hair.

Just recently i have noticed it looking more yellow, i bum check everyday and in the past i have gently clipped away bits of hair around her bum.

Is there any particular reason for this?
Could i wash her?

Any suggestions?!

is she sitting in her litter tray? she could be incontence (sp?) or have a little infection. trim all the hair really short around her bum. maybe a wee vet drop wouldn't go amiss.

Is it just stained yellow? Or wet, wet? My NZ white never used to keep himself clean until he was bonded with a bun who could be in a daz advert (Suki), she keeps them both glowing:lol:

If it's wet - it might be the start of incontinence? When Joey was like that I did wash him with some disinfecting animal shampoo & warm water - but it was really a one off - then I put sudocrem on

Nope, not wet, just stained looking, looks minging though.

She cleans herself ive seen her and she seems to be loosing abit of her coat too.

Would it be ok if i trim her bottom area?! :)

ETA - shes due a weight check when i get back from holiday so will mention it to Vet then

yeah give her a wee trim, ralph came to me all urine stained but since moulting has went all lovely and white.

If you ever come over tome you can bring her and I will give her a trim and shave her for you:D

If you ever come over tome you can bring her and I will give her a trim and shave her for you:D

Ohh thanks Kay.

Going to go trim her abit, shes been struggling today in the heat.

She was literally laid on the ipod :lol:

Back