• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about vet visit this morning/Anthony has gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:( Can't believe how upset I am already and we haven't even been yet. I have been in tears this morning and that never happens :?

I really don't think the outcome is going to be very positive, and having checked my boy over this morning the situation looks a lot worse than it did yesterday. We want to do everything possible for him, but in his eyes he looks like he has given up :( It is heartbreaking.

Please could we have some positive vibes today, we haven't lost a bunny for 2 weeks and I would like that to last a bit longer

Last edited:
Steve has just rung from the vets, treatment is pointless, we are having to let him go. :cry::cry:

When the vet examined him he was even worse than I thought.I don't know how I missed it, he first seemed a little down Wednesday night but I could find nothing wrong until I checked him yesterday and I only found the lump the second time round.

That now makes a total of 8 bunnies lost in 9 weeks, I really cannot cope with this heartbreak :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have had him for 5 and a half years since he was 3 months old :(

we nearly lost him a few months ago and we battled for weeks to pull him through and we thought he was back to full health and now this has happened.

Once I have been in touch with all his sponsors I will post on Rainbow Bridge.

How is it possible to loose bunnies every week or 2 weeks, if this is going to continue I just can't handle it. Its not even just the newer ones that are coming to us with more problems, we are loosing bunnies we have had for years too :cry::cry::cry:

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear this, what awful news :( Binky free beautiful one, and big hugs to you and Steve xxx

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear this, what awful news :( Binky free beautiful one, and big hugs to you and Steve xxx

Thanks Alison, you knew how worried I was last night about him :( but it was so much worse than I thought. This morning as well as the small abscess I could feel another tooth root had broken through his jaw bone. When the vet looked his mouth was full of blood and pus, his entire mouth was infected as well as the bone. It was so far advanced yet we didn't have a clue there was a problem. He was eating fine up until wednesday evening and I gave him a bit of metacam yesterday and he was munching on whole carrot afterwards. It was just his eyes that gave the problem away :(

Back