• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex bunnies

Sunny

Young Bun
Who has any Rex bunnies? And what are their temperaments like? Also what colour do u have? We have one black min Rex (5 months) and one fawn min Rex (9 weeks). I really like them .. love their coats and their temperament. At first I thought the temperament was not so nice. Seemed too skitish .. but after much handling of the black one .. she is so sweet now .. Still gotta work on the baby .. but she is already taming up nicely :)

I have 2 mini rex brothers. They are blue and almost 3 years old (I think)They don't like to be picked up but they will eat from my hands and lick my legs when I'm out in the garden with them. Quite relaxed buns really.
My bridge bun munchie was also a mini rex. He was the most wonderful bun ever :love: He used to love being stroked and would follow me around the house.

I have a mini Rex Frankie. He is cheeky, bold, lively, naughty and boy does he love his food. He is also very affectionate though and will come and sit on my lap and ask for nose rubs

Who has any Rex bunnies? And what are their temperaments like? Also what colour do u have? We have one black min Rex (5 months) and one fawn min Rex (9 weeks). I really like them .. love their coats and their temperament. At first I thought the temperament was not so nice. Seemed too skitish .. but after much handling of the black one .. she is so sweet now .. Still gotta work on the baby .. but she is already taming up nicely :)

I have a black female rex about a year and half and her temperament can vary! She is mostly relaxed and calm and very cuddly but other times she can be aggressive and shies away. Just a hormonal teenager lol x

I have an opal mini rex. She is quite a character. Bold, inqusitive a bit of a madam at times. She can be very affectionate but it must be on her terms.

I have a castor rex (standard) doe named Diva, and she's brilliant: Calm, affectionate, even-tempered, sociable. Best bunny I could wish for. She's beautiful, and doesn't she know it! :) She lives indoors with her two-legged servants and her bunny friend Lulu, who is a neutered black crossbred doe. Both Diva & Lulu are just over a year old.

I have a little black rex called Jenny. She is very sweet and gentle with my blind bunny Phillip. She is a bit skitish and deos mad running when i let her out in the morning :lol: but is much better than when i got her! I have a wicker dog basket in the garden that i put hay in and i have caught her in it with both of my cats this week (one cat at a time), the cats laying at one end and Jenny munching hay at the other!! :lol::lol: She will come running up to me in the morning to take a bit of carrot or brocolli out of my hands :love:

Awww so the Rexes sound like they make lovely pets too. Glad to hear that. I'm really falling in love with them. Thanks for all the replies! :thumb:

Here is my chocolate rex I've only had him a day and a half, he has settled in really well and loves cuddles and is a big softie. :love:

IMG_1056.jpg

i have 2 mini rex girls, almost 2 years old, i think they are a broken/butterfly pattern? (see signature!). They are both total characters, love their food and are very smart. They come when whistled, know what "up" and "down" and "bed" means, get into everything and love to explore. I have had them nearly a year now and its taken time to get them cuddly, but now they love to be stroked and are very calm and snuggly in my arms, but wont sit still on my lap for more than a few seconds. Phoenix gets bored easily and digs out of the run if i dont move it every day, and they will both spend hours digging/tunneling or moving an object if its in the way! Totally love them, and they are just sooooooo soft! :love::love::love:

I have 3 rexes. They will only have anything to do with me if i have food! Think that is just them being bunnies though not anything to do with the breed x

Back