• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lanzarote pics.

mopsmum

Mama Doe
a few pics from Lanzarote on the first part of our holiday before things started to go wrong :roll:

simonsholpics09072.jpg

simonsholpics09080.jpg

simonsholpics09094.jpg

simonsholpics09096.jpg

simonsholpics09110.jpg

simonsholpics09208.jpg

simonsholpics09310.jpg

on the last pic the island in the horizon is Fuerteventura.

we went to Playa blanca but always hire a car so we can explore.

It's one of the few parts of the island we haven't visited, we usually stay in Costa Teguise but use the buses to get around (haven't been brave enough to hire a car). We were very lucky the first year we went as my sisters fiance who is a local gave us a guided tour of the island.

It's one of the few parts of the island we haven't visited, we usually stay in Costa Teguise but use the buses to get around (haven't been brave enough to hire a car). We were very lucky the first year we went as my sisters fiance who is a local gave us a guided tour of the island.

yes its a very beautiful island but i wouldn't go in the summer holidays ever again.

Is it really busy? We go in November and it's fairly busy then and more than warm enough for us.

its not really that but the heat. we had freak winds from the sahara on the second week that brought sand from the dessert and the wind was so hot it was like standing infront of a fan assisted oven with the door open :roll: one night it was 42 deg c at 11pm

its not really that but the heat. we had freak winds from the sahara on the second week that brought sand from the dessert and the wind was so hot it was like standing infront of a fan assisted oven with the door open :roll: one night it was 42 deg c at 11pm

:shock:

The island looks beautiful :)

Flippin eck :shock: I an just about handle the 24 degrees during the day in November :shock: That's the reason we go out of season, i would want to go home with that heat, no one could possibly enjoy it. My mum's off there in 3 weeks and apart from the time of year she's going in soooo jealous.

Flippin eck :shock: I an just about handle the 24 degrees during the day in November :shock: That's the reason we go out of season, i would want to go home with that heat, no one could possibly enjoy it. My mum's off there in 3 weeks and apart from the time of year she's going in soooo jealous.

well tell her to be careful. i hope she has air conditioning. we didn't and you couldnt sleep at night. my daughter ended up in hospital for 2 days on a drip and we missed our flights home.

well tell her to be careful. i hope she has air conditioning. we didn't and you couldnt sleep at night. my daughter ended up in hospital for 2 days on a drip and we missed our flights home.

I doubt they have air con, she loves the heat but i think even that is a bit much for her.

I hope your daughter is ok now, can't think of anything worse than being in a hospital on holiday.

I doubt they have air con, she loves the heat but i think even that is a bit much for her.

I hope your daughter is ok now, can't think of anything worse than being in a hospital on holiday.

yep shes fine now but she scared the hell out of me.
as long as she doesnt get the hot winds she should be ok,the first week there was a nice breeze that kept things bareable. i can stand heat but it was really too much.

Back