• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drinking wee

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Does anyone elses rabbit do it :?. I have noticed if Sophie does a wee on the floor she drinks it :?. Well its either her or Pringles wee not exactly sure but their is a few times i have seen her drinking wee. Is this bad for her? or will it not harm her?:?

She may be trying to re-absorb the calcium in the urine.

I also know a couple of buns who like to eat wee-ed on newspaper. They both are prone to teeth (and, as a result, gut) problems, although this may be coincidence as i meet a lot of buns with teeth and gut issues.

Does anyone elses rabbit do it :?. I have noticed if Sophie does a wee on the floor she drinks it :?. Well its either her or Pringles wee not exactly sure but their is a few times i have seen her drinking wee. Is this bad for her? or will it not harm her?:?

I would ask 'Thumps' about this...Thumper, Judy's rabbit, used to do this for a while....I don't think even her vet had any answers....other than is Sophie a rescue bun? water deprivation habit perhaps?

Back