• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To lop or not...

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Is it possible for an adult bunny to have one ear up and one ear down?

Lil' Rufus has one ear up and the other down at the moment and shows no signs of changing.... his other features are non-lop...

My Strawberry is a wonky eared rabbit too, her mumis a lop and her sister is a helicopter:lol:

yep, here is my helicopter bun... that ear only goes up if he gets an extreme shock (very rare!)..

How old is Rufus... I adopted two baby rabbits out this year, one who was fully lopped at 8 weeks old and one who had one ear up and one down...

Strangely enough, the bun who was fully lopped ended up an up eared bun, and the other one a lop!!

george.jpg

Fluffly has wonky ears - very cute - and a mad hair cut - he is a lion head X with not sure what!!
Didn't know he was called a helicopter bun! :)

Look I can feed myself! You humans are surplus to requirements!

yeah, he frequently does that :lol: hence now being on a diet and all food being kept well out of his reach. I nearly had to cut him out of the hamster cage the other week after he decided to stick his head through the door to try and get the food :roll:

Just laughed so much - :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Right now for the ear contortionist.
Usually a helicopter bun BUT when outside, both ears are usually up, when he's puffed out they look like handle bars, & when falling asleep he looks like a mini lop.
(Colour changes a lot too - but I'd know him anywhere.)

Alfie's got ears for every occasion (sp?) too. :lol::lol: Mostly, they're both down but often one goes up, or they both go forward (like blinkers on a horse) and if he's really scared they both go up.

Back