• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

teeth help....

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi, as some of you will know , a couple of months ago i bought earl from P@H adoption centre.

He had had all his front teeth removed.

Today i checked his gums as his ''gumming bars'' was becoming noisey.

I noticed he has a incisor growing from the top in the middle- maybe the vet didnt remove the root.......i know it needs removing.

Problem is he keeps chewing things like soft furnishings- almost in an 'insain and rampant manor like his life depends on it- i think maybe it is itching him.

his gums are all pink- not red or sore looking- he is booked in for a consultation tomorrow so the vet can take a look

i know it will need removing but what does this involve? does it need to be ''pulled'' or ''cut'' out. Is it general anasthetic or local? how much does it usually cost?

Any help would be appreciated.

It isn't uncommon for incisors to grow back after removal unfortunately.

It will need to be removed under a GA but first you will need to wait for it to grow a little above the gum line so that the vet has something to pull on.

I'm not sure on cost as prices vary greatly for dentals but may be £70 to £100 :?

It isn't uncommon for incisors to grow back after removal unfortunately.

It will need to be removed under a GA but first you will need to wait for it to grow a little above the gum line so that the vet has something to pull on.

I'm not sure on cost as prices vary greatly for dentals but may be £70 to £100 :?

the price is better than expected! but OH NO! will this keep happening? it is about 4mm long now.

thanks

Hopefully not, but it only needs the smallest fraction of tooth left in for it to regrow. The roots are so long it is often difficult to get the teeth out without them breaking.

When Prudence had hers removed, 2 of hers grew back but once they were removed the second time we have never had a problem since :)

My poor Elwood had his removed May of last year and now one has suddenly reappeared, the vets were very shocked :shock:

We have never had a problem with any other bunny that has had them removed and we have had quite a few :)

Hopefully not, but it only needs the smallest fraction of tooth left in for it to regrow. The roots are so long it is often difficult to get the teeth out without them breaking.

When Prudence had hers removed, 2 of hers grew back but once they were removed the second time we have never had a problem since :)

My poor Elwood had his removed May of last year and now one has suddenly reappeared, the vets were very shocked :shock:

We have never had a problem with any other bunny that has had them removed and we have had quite a few :)

oh brilliant

fingers crossed then- thanks ever so much!

x

Back