• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone successfully re-bonded fighting males

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
HI :wave:

I've had my boys now for over 2 years. Everynow then I feel really depressed and guilty about them not having a partner.

It was my own fault for not doing the research in the first place:( I got them when they were 8 weeks old and thought they would be buddies for each other but hormones set in. They have fought outside in they're runs on two separate occasions. We split them up after the first fight but 3 weeks later Sammy managed to jump into Leons pen and they fought again.:(

They see each other everyday as their runs are next to each other an they a have now been neutered for over a year and half.

Getting more rabbits is unfortunately out of the question. I feel so sad when I see all the lovely photos on here of buns snuggling up together.

What do you think?

I will definitely take all you opinions on board as a lot of you have much much more bunny experience.

If I were to try bonding - how do I neutralise an area? They have been everywhere in the house!

I had two brothers, Jack and Toffee, before i owned them they were un-neutered and left together, they began fighting, i advised the owner to split them, damage had been done to Toffee. They were then given to me, well we sort of took them and the owner wasnt bothered.

I kept them split, had them both neutered and left them to heal.

I then rebonded them, they bonded well, i then introduced two females, they all got on great, until one day Jack decided he didnt want Toffee around.

To cut a long story short, after much heartache of loosing the two females, Jack and Toffee, remain together, happy as ever :)

I guess it really depends on the seriousness of the fighting, but it is possible :)

hiya:wave:i can only speak from my own experience and i'm sure other people will have different ones.i had 2 beautiful males(bam & duddley) in a bonded group of 4.everything worked really well for sometime&i always have all my buns neutered.then one day it suddenley changed.bam was always the boss man(well out of the boys anyway)& duddley just followed him around like like the lovely great big giant gimp he was:lol: then one day they started fighting & it got to the point where for their own sakes i had to give up trying to re-bond them.it was very sad especially as i then had to seperate them all into 2 bonded pairs.it seemed that the dynamics just changed.they were all house buns too so it made things slightly more awkward.sadly all but one of the original 4 have all passed to the bridge now but i have 2 bonded house buns(bob& moo) &another single house bun(nobby).i have to say that nobby does really well as a single bun but then he spends most of his time sat on the sofa with us:roll: & although he is a rescue bun i suspect he has always lived on his own.
so for me re-bonding just did not work& i think had i carried on trying they would have eventually done each other alot of harm.good luck with your bunnies,whatever i hope they will be happy in the end.

Back