• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Rex Rabbits Moult ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I think Zac shows that they most certainly do !! :lol:

001-42.jpg

002-48.jpg

007-29.jpg

Talk about having a bad hair day !! :lol:

Oh my! Is that normal for rabbits?? I have a rex to and not seen that happenong as yet :? x

Lol - my Twix looks like Zac too - although he is not a Rex. They look so scruffy while they are moulting - but it just makes me love them more! :love:

Wow!
I neveer saw my harvey molt at all like that!
He would only get little fluffy bits come off. :shock:

:lol::lol: :love:

:love::love:

My Kellogg used to moult just like that. I'd occasionally sneak up and tweak a loose tuft out. Kellogg would look so indignant that I'd dared to touch the royal orange personage. He was another Rex who knew how beautiful he was and thought we all his humble unworthy servants :lol:

Zac is gorgeous :love:

Last edited:
Sasuke had a horrible moult once... not only did his summer coat go of, I'm pretty sure ALL his fur (except the undercoat) came of... He looked like a short-cut angora-rabbit, and the fur underneath was nothing like a rex's fur.
I think that may have happened because I took him inside during autoumn when he was just about to drop his summer coat... I only did it because he got sore paws and I didn't want his paws to get wet or dirty from being outside.
Luckily he didn't really need all his fur while he was inside, and he got his regular fur back pretty quick:3

Thank you for this post :) I thought Benjy was looking a bit tatty and he is starting to go patchy, so i was right he is moulting, phew;)

BTW :love::love::love::love::love: etc etc etc :lol:
i am a stalker of your rex's, the official fan club :lol::lol:

as my ole nan would say moth eaten :lol: im always amazed at differant ways buns moult bigs moults in patchs carrie like a skirt slowly peeling off doc actualy moults one colour at a time

Audrey moults like this........Monty moults with little tufts of fur coming off...
When my parents babysat the other week my mum was quite worried about Audrey's moult, until I explained it was normal.....for Audrey that is:D

Back