• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy looks ill..

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
I let them out last night to free range, Flopsy stamped her feet at me and just hid in the plants. I picked her up and she has breathing quite heavy and it looked like her heart was beating really fast. Round by her nose and mouth was a bit damp too, and her eyes looked a bit glazed over :?
She just seemed like she was in a bad mood.
She was eating and drinking as normal though.

Went out to her this morning and she had her back to the hutch, Peter saw me and we getting excited, but she made no movement, until i opened hutch then she got excited for her morning hay.

You think she might be deaf? (she is the mini lop in my picture)

Not sure whats wrong with her. She doesn't seem ill enough to go to the vets, so not sure what to do :?

Could something perhaps have spooked her last night before you went out to them...

Is she eating and drinking as normal this morning... (apologies my question mark key doesn't work!)

I would say just keep an eye on her today, and if she shows any of those symptoms - damp nose and mouth or glazed eyes - then pop her to the vet for a check up.
My outdoor bunnies have been acting a little 'odd' recently - not wanting their food straight away, and being a bit sleepy, but they have been eating etc, so maybe it's the weather?
I don't know if you do this, but I have my own records for each bunny, so if they show any odd signs I note it down with a date and a time. This helps me to see if it's a regular occurence, and helps me to explain to the vet what exactly has happened.

Could something perhaps have spooked her last night before you went out to them...

Is she eating and drinking as normal this morning... (apologies my question mark key doesn't work!)

Yeah as soon as she realised i was there she got excited about me filling hay box up, then started eating it straight away.

Im seriously thinking maybe shes deaf :?

Back