• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A&P - fibre content?

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone tell me the crude fibre content of A&P please? I've bought a 2lb bag from Bunny Baazar to try them out but aside from a list of ingredients, it doesn't tell me the crude fibre. The bunnies love them by the way! I've also bought Oxbow Bunny Basics/T which is 25-29% crude fibre and they love that too but A&P is soooo much cheaper.

The trek too my bag is too far hehe but online it says 23% fibre for the natural pellets (which is what I have). The breeder pellets say 18%

To be honest, I am not sure why everyone makes such a fuss about the fibre contents of pellets. They should make up such a small amount of the diet (less than 10% I would say), that it really won't have such a major impact overall - provided of course a rabbit eats enough hay!

Vera :)

Hello Mackers

I do believe I regognise those Border Collies in that picture! I thought you said you weren`t going to have anymore buns when you syarted to lose them Sue.:D I see you still have some. If your wondering who this is it`s Merlot`s mum Janice

I do believe I regognise those Border Collies in that picture! I thought you said you weren`t going to have anymore buns when you syarted to lose them Sue.:D I see you still have some. If your wondering who this is it`s Merlot`s mum Janice

Well hello Janice :wave::wave: What a small world! I DID say I wasn't going to have any more didn't I but when I got down to one, it was like I'd cut off my right arm and along came the four rescues that I've got now! Bryn wouldn't have had anything to do all day as he likes to 'hide' behind a leaf and watch them!!! What are you doing on the RU forum then? Are they your buns in the avatar picture?

Last edited:
To be honest, I am not sure why everyone makes such a fuss about the fibre contents of pellets. They should make up such a small amount of the diet (less than 10% I would say), that it really won't have such a major impact overall - provided of course a rabbit eats enough hay!

Vera :)

I agree with this actually as mine have no more than a tablespoon of pellets between each pair per day (so half a tablespoon each per day). However, as my four are a little *ahem* porky, I wanted to put a low fat, high fibre pellet into their treat ball so that they had to work hard to get at something scrummy. They do eat masses of hay and fresh veg each day (this forms the bulk of their diet) and rather than give them their pellets straight into a bowl, I'm putting them into a treat ball so they have to work hard to get them. Lots of people say their buns lose condition on A&P so I figured that they must be quite a low calorie pellet. I was just interested to learn the fibre content too.

Well Sue where have you been hiding? Yes those little rascals are mine. The lop is a new arrival as I lost my Dutch girl back in July and hated the thought of the boy being on his own. She is the most challenging yet but lovely with it. I know how you feel when you think there might not be any "fluffy ears" out in the garden apart from the collie ears of course. Couldn`t even think of it for a minute:cry:

Well Sue where have you been hiding? Yes those little rascals are mine. The lop is a new arrival as I lost my Dutch girl back in July and hated the thought of the boy being on his own. She is the most challenging yet but lovely with it. I know how you feel when you think there might not be any "fluffy ears" out in the garden apart from the collie ears of course. Couldn`t even think of it for a minute:cry:

Well it's lovely to see you here Jan. This forum is an amazing place for bunny info. I've learned soooo much since I've been on here. Your bunsters are gorgeous! I used to have a little dutchie the same as yours. And as to where I've been hiding..............well I just found that all the fun had gone out of competitive obedience. The lower classes were fun but I just wasn't enjoying the cut-throat 'win at all costs' attitude in the higher classes and I figured life's too short. I'd rather just enjoy my dogs. We're currently learning some 'tricks' - nothing too gimicky - just little bits to keep their minds active and help us to spend come quality time together every day. I did a bit of 'Cani-X' cross country running too which I'm hoping to get back into this winter. Absolutely knackering for an out-of-shape 40 year old but the dogs love it!

Back