• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed bonding with rescue buns

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
I'm on the lookout for a doe to be bonded with Dude. I'm ideally looking for one quite close to me for ease, but am not adverse to travelling/bunny run if need be. My main concern is am I better to take Dude 'speed-dating' or just rescue a doe and keep my fingers crossed?

I'm always adopted a bun and bonded with my current bun, but I really want to make sure he's happy with his new partner and don't know what to do for the best?

:wave:

Probably easier to Speed-date - but I live right near to Angie (Bunnymadhouse-BARC), so if you contact her & she's happy you having a BARC bun, I'm happy doing any bonding here for a week.

Personally I have never had a problem bonding buns that have never met. I nor Charlie met any of the buns until they came to live with me.

Obviously you know your rabbit the best, and if they have dominant personalities even after neutering then I think you should consider speed dating, but other than that I really don't see a problem in just picking 'a' neutered bun.

but that is my experience, I might have been naieve or lucky in the buns that have come to me

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. With speed dating, how do I go about it (ie, just put them in together?!) and for how long? What are the signs I need to look for for a good future bond, as surely there'd be fur pulling and chasing etc with all/most buns at first? :)

Thanks for the replies. With speed dating, how do I go about it (ie, just put them in together?!) and for how long? What are the signs I need to look for for a good future bond, as surely there'd be fur pulling and chasing etc with all/most buns at first? :)

The Rescue would probably do it for you anyway - but just same as normal bonding - on neutral - you can tell within a few mins usually - ignoring good, grooming brilliant, chasing normal, locking on - a bun called Angel is involved:lol:

If one bun gets a negative reaction, bun no 2 is introduced.:lol:

The Rescue would probably do it for you anyway - but just same as normal bonding - on neutral - you can tell within a few mins usually - ignoring good, grooming brilliant, chasing normal, locking on - a bun called Angel is involved:lol:

If one bun gets a negative reaction, bun no 2 is introduced.:lol:

Angel's reputation strikes again! :oops::lol::lol:

Cool, I've been in touch with BARC and am getting some details and pics sent through. There's also a dutch from Rosie_Rabbit_Rescue who looks cute.
Just been told today thatit's a ridiculous amount of money to buy 2 new panels to split big shed into 2 smaller ones, so I have to go shed shopping before I get new bunster :roll:(oh, and clear the garden so there's room for new shed!)

Angel's reputation strikes again! :oops::lol::lol:

Cool, I've been in touch with BARC and am getting some details and pics sent through. There's also a dutch from Rosie_Rabbit_Rescue who looks cute.
Just been told today thatit's a ridiculous amount of money to buy 2 new panels to split big shed into 2 smaller ones, so I have to go shed shopping before I get new bunster :roll:(oh, and clear the garden so there's room for new shed!)

:lol: My garden - is cleared. My shed & aviary panels, are bought. I just need to flatten the ground somehow & put shed up:?:lol:

Back