• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

screaming bunny nightmare

Benjybunnyboo

Alpha Buck
I had to ask if anyone else has nightmares over their buns. Last night i dreamt that my Benjy had been attacked (cant remember wot by now, i think cat) and i bought him indoors. Me and my hubbie heard a scream and i said its Benjy and now Benjy wouldnt stop. I could only see damage to his ear so i rung my vet and they said he had an apointment at 11.55 at night! and as it was only a rabbit he wasnt a priority!. Benjy lived and i woke up, but what a dream.

When i was about 12 (many yrs ago) a fox broke into my buns cage and luckily he survived, but i wonder if he sceamed that night, as i know what a bun sounds like screaming but i dont know how i know and the scream in the dream was awlful, sorry if i dont make sense.

I just think something bad is gonna happen to Benjy now:(

The sound of a Rabbit scream makes my blood run cold :cry:

I have flashbacks of when a Fox came into my house and murdered one of my House Rabbits, Ronan. Ronan's brother Jack witnessed it all and he just screamed and screamed :cry:
God, I feel sick just thinking about it, it was truely the most awful sight and sound.

Worse still, it was real and not a bad dream

:cry:

yes, a couple of nights ago i dreamt that a stranger rabbit had come into the house and bitten matthew's ears. i'd put matthew on the back of the sofa so i could get a good look at him, but he was being coy about his injuries, and i had no idea where the bad biting bunny was hiding.

in real life, its tabitha who bites matthew. she doesn't draw blood, but when she mounts him the head goes down and she nips at his fur. i've separated them this morning just to give him a little break from being bullied. i noticed this first when she would sit by the fire and he had to sit about five feet away! sometimes they lie down together happily, but i don't trust her not to be giving him a very hard time when i'm not there! he has seemed quite scared of her recently - she chases him away from food. i'm wondering if i should separate them properly.

fluffy my favourite hamster (now at the bridge) escaped and lived free range for six months. one night, i heard a scream, just outside the house. i hammered on the window, to chase off whatever predator was hassling a small animal (not knowing it was my girl). when i went out in the morning, a small bedraggled creature was hiding in a plant pot. i didn't recognise her, but i put a lid over most of the plant pot so whatever it was could live its last hours in peace, without being pecked by birds. when i got home from work, there was fluffy - scruffy, but bright eyed and ready to be reintegrated into the domestic scene! i didn't know hamsters could scream, but it was a very piercing sound, and i am fairly sure she was the one who made it!

My Fiance told me he had a dream about our grumpy bunny Sammy smothering him to death.
He said he was in bed and Sammy came in and jumped up on top of him and put his two big paws over his mouth and nose:lol:

Aww! cute wee Sammy

I have flashbacks of when a Fox came into my house and murdered one of my House Rabbits, Ronan. Ronan's brother Jack witnessed it all and he just screamed and screamed :cry:
God, I feel sick just thinking about it, it was truely the most awful sight and sound.

Sorry to hear about that Jane, how awful!

Worse still, it was real and not a bad dream

OMG i am so sorry to hear that. That is awlful and to enter your house aswell. I have a fmiliar story too which probably added to my dream.
Well after my Rabbit, (Rocky was his name) was attacked. Afew years later my sisters bun Fluffy was taken by a fox (luckily we got his body which just had a puncture to his head and buried him. Ahh) and Rocky witnessed it and he never wanted to go in the garden for free time again. He slept in a hutch but spent his time in the house, thinking he was a dog Bless him, he died old around 12 - 13 yrs naturally.

Ralpg squealed when petal attacked him and it was not pleasent, it's just not natural and something you don't want to hear.

Back