• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rattys new cage & baby buggies

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I'll start with the rat cage but if you don't like bugs don't scroll down. the rest of my post has pictures of stick insects, giant snails and giant millipedes...

Anyway the rattys new cage arrived last week. Now I have 4 of them I figured their old Freddy 2 was a bit small so I ordered this bad boy...

My boyfriend was quick to realise it's potential
me_cage001.jpg

Domestics will be solved easily in our house from now on.

Anyway with toys installed it was looking good
P1060002.jpg

Rattys... they smell of ratty
P1060021.jpg

Things have been quite fruitful in the Ark recently with lots of little babies hatching out over the past few weeks. First ones I noticed were these chaps a month or so ago...

Sabah thorny stick insect day old nymph
P1050932.jpg

Galapagos stick insect female nymph (2 months old)
P1060075.jpg

then these wee chaps appeared. I'm not sure what species they are as there are a few different giant millipede species in my tank. The three that they could possibly be would be quite exciting though.
P1060108.jpg

I think they might belong to one of these though which would be exciting as that'd make the babies second generation captive breds. The sub adults in the tank just now were all bred by myself from three adults I recieved around 6 years ago.

Here's a female sub adult, she hatched around 4 years ago and is nearly fully grown
P1060060.jpg

here's her in natural light
P1060062-1.jpg

Here's my original adults, looks like their grand children are popping up now.:D
species_orangebanded1.jpg

Here's another millipede I rarely see. I think there are about 3 or 4 in the tank, again these ones were bred by myself and hatched out around 3-4 years ago.
P1060074.jpg

The last ones are my favourite. These are giant African land snails and even though none of mine have yet reached their full size they are still laying eggs.

Sammy my favourite snail
P1060095.jpg

Week old baby belonging to Sammy
P1060105.jpg

Big snails, bub snails
P1060099.jpg

Hope you guys like the pics, I love baby snails, they're very cute.

I forgot to add this picture, this was taken about 2 months ago and show the big baby snails you see in the pictures above. You can easily see how much they've grown even in 2 months.:D

P1050278.jpg

I want to keep a millipede :love: I already have the GALS, now I want a millipede. :lol: I use to spend hours looking for millipedes in my parents garden.

Always thought snails were cute :lol:
May have converted my 10 year old sis as well :thumb:

The cage looks great :)

Oh, I love your snails!
I have two myself :love:
People are often surprised, but they do make great pets!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i need my eyes testing i read baby budgies

my daugter wants a stck insect lol snails look :love: too but not keen on the ratties:shock:

my daugter wants a stck insect lol snails look :love: too but not keen on the ratties:shock:

You really need to meet some ratties, they are amazing pets, fun to watch, fun to cuddle and you get to rearrange their cage every week and watch them go nuts exploring it.

we saw 4 ratties in p@h adoption center and the shivers that went through me, it was their tails that did it :lol:

we saw 4 ratties in p@h adoption center and the shivers that went through me, it was their tails that did it :lol:

I knew you were going to say that. I've actually helped cure quite a few peoples rat tail phobia within a couple of minutes.

Rats are indeed fantastic little animals, mine do try their best to "out-smell" the rest of the pets though.

Giant snails are very easy to keep too, as long as they are kept relatively warm, have nice soft substrate and some greens, fruit and cuttlefish bone to eat they're fine. I keep mine in a big plastic storage tub as it seems to keep the heat and humidity in better.

Back