• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox proofing free-range bunnies

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Just a question for the future...

When we move house (hopefully soon) we want a decent garden so we can give our bunnies even more room to bounce about in. One idea is to get one of those big things they do for chickens so they can have a run and somewhere to shelter if they want. Most bunny ourdoor things I have seen are too small in my opinion.

However, if they are to have a run and an enclosed area how do you make it completely 100% fox, badger, etc proof (apart from posting 24hr survailance and hiring security buns). :D

Hiya, if you are having an outside run, i would put a wire mesh under ground so buns cant dig out and nothing can dig in and then relay turf on top. i wouldnt rely on a swivvle lock as foxes can open them, go for a secure lock. I might be taking things a bit far but i have a pad lock:shock::lol:. Mainly to stop my girls opening hutch when i am not watching. Good luck and im sure your buns will have a lovely home. I'd love to have a set up like that and a garden big enough for it.:)

Yep use a proper welded mesh and NOT chicken wire. Also make sure your run is secure underneath and ontop by using more mesh. Use a nice thick wood for the frame too.

Back