• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibreplex

Hahaha!!! I can't count the amount of flying fibreplex which has shot out of the blooming tube nowhere near the bun when I've used it!!!!

The way I do it is... Turn the dial thing the right amount ie 1ml, then I press the plunger really gently (pointing somewhere where if it does shoot out you can find it!!!), once it starts coming out (ie I can see it!), poke in buns mouth and press harder kind of bracing the sticky out things and the plunger.
Then usually, scoop up all fibreplex which hasn't gone in bun and offer on finger - some really like it and will eat it themselves. If not, either wipe on lips as they may lick off, or start again.

Have explained that really badly, but had to share as I've had some right old moments myself!!

Some tubes can be really stiff, although they have been better lately. My vet said if this was the case to run the tube under hot water to loosen it a bit.
Otherwise, set dial to amount required, get tube in side of bunny's mouth and squeeze gently- repeat as often as needed to get amount into squirming bunny ( you may need to buy more tubes than required if you are a learner.:lol:)

Its for a piggie:) first bit shot across the room next bit all over my leg:lol: Will practise again tommo:lol:

I thought it was just me who couldn''t work the bloomiing thing! I've tried to suck the paste up into a syringe, but that didn't work either :oops:
Good luck!

Back